M42 Goon Squad - Showoff your M42 Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 9th set of wheels.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Can I partake? Nothing special here. HR sports, intake mess delete, dirty weaves, possibly a warped valve cover. Just waiting on funds so I can fix things up.
      Attached Files
      fried chicken

Comment

Mind if I join? :)

Here's my diamantschwarz 1990 318is. It has just passed 275.000 km (about 170.877 miles). Bought it in late 2011, when it had run 252.5xx km (about 156.896 miles). It's my third E30 (but the second that I actually used as a daily). My first E30 was a 1987 type 1 (VFL) bronzitbeige 316 (carburator) 4-door. I still miss it, as I prefer 4-door E30's, though the M42B18 is a bit more fun to drive than the M10B18. I also owned a 1984 320i 4 door for a short time (with some engine troubles, so never actually driven it), but sold it the same day I bought my 318is (though sometimes I wish I hadn't, since I'm always a bit jealous when I hear a straight six). After that I also bought a 1984 burgundrot 320i 2-door, that had an accident. Plan was to repair it (needed a new front) but since I can't do much myself and had to let everything do by someone who could, it would cost me too much so I decided to sell it again. Very beautifull color though, I wish to find a 4 door burgundrot with a straight-six engine some day. Think I even love it more than bronzit, but a burgundrot car is pretty rare to find.

I also wish it wasn't black, it such a boring color (less contrast cause everything - paint and plastic trims - is black). And it's a pain in the ass to keep clean! :-? I really miss an oldskool color like my previous bronzitbeige one. And I also miss chrome window trims (instead of shadowline). A respray isn't an option, since I want to maintain the original paint color, that the car had when it rolled out of the factory (ads more value, if I ever want to sell it). And there are only 5 original colors that you could order on the 318is, but my favorite colors aren't among them (bronzitbeige, burgundrot, or some other oldskool colors).

The thought of selling it in order to go for my dream-E30 (or E28 ) has popped up a lot, but since I've thrown so much money at it already (that I'll never get back if I'd sell it), prices for a good E30 are sky high and a 318is in similar condition is rare to find these days, I still own it, and might as well enjoy it. :p Still needs a lot of small fixes too. But if the car would get involved in an accident and can't be saved anymore, I'll look for an early 4 door model again, and swap the M42. Or an M42-powered E21 or E10 also sounds nice. ^^

Too bad European 318i 4 doors had the M40B18 engine instead of the M42, like in America. I'd love to have an M42 4-door (and engine swaps are illegal here :?).

Anywaaaay, here are some specs:

- Bilstein B6 shocks + Eibach pro springs

It had Bilstein B8's and KW springs when I bought it, but recently swapped those for the B6 and Eibach's. I was getting tired of hopping over the shitty Belgian roads with such a stiff suspension. The new suspension is a bit more comfortable. On good roads, the B8 setup was like heaven though, but sadly good roads in Belgium are very rare. :(

- Z3 1.9 shortshift
        - E36 power steering rack

- 318is Uberkaro sports interior

It had Recaro Highback seats when I bought it, but because those were 4 door seats that couldn't tilt forward, and I stumbled upon the current uberkaro interior, I removed the Recaro's. Still have them in storage though, in case I get a 4 door again. Or maybe I'll have them modified so they can tilt forward (drivers seat also needs to be repaired as the cloth has turned to shreds, recloth them with the uberkaro motive would be awesome). The car was originally located in Germany, and it used to have the uberkaro comfort interior, since sports seats weren't standard in Germany on a 318is, compared to Belgium. The previous owner then swapped the original interior with the Recaro's, and matching back seat). Leather seats also seem nice, but because the uberkaro pattern is a typical 318is feature, I think I'll stick with the original uberkaro interior.

Damn, I type too much.. Time for some pics! :)

Like I like many different cars, I also like many different wheels (that fit with the car and don't look cheap/aftermarket). :) I like to change them once in a while.

On 15" OZ Alpina-style

Traded the OZ's for a set of MIM's. Though the MIM's have the wrong tyre size on them (195/60/15, should be 205/55/15).

On the OEM 15" BBS basket-weaves. Still own them (and in many cases still the best choice for on an E30 - 16" M3 weaves are even better, but sadly you don't have those in 4x100), but they need to be redone. One day.

Have a set of BBS RZ's too, but they also need to be redone. Once they are restored, I'll get them back on the car. It's like the OEM basket-weaves but even better, due to the deep bed (I love them wheels with a deep bed). :)

I even like the steelies + hubcaps look. :oops:

Rocking them OEM steelies in winter. :p Though these look better on an early model like this. A late model needs hubcaps.

Sadly my cars always need to sleep outside and fight the elements...

As it currently sits, on bottle caps. Classic style, I genuinly like it. :) :oops: (also have a black E30 1/43 scale model that looks exactly like this).

The sports interior with uberkaro-motive (should make some new decent interior pictures)

Don't have a decent photo of the engine atm.

I have a feeling this post is waaaaay too long. :oops:

1990 BMW E30 318is | 1989 Mercedes-Benz S124 250TD

Comment

Originally posted by Nai View Post

I have a feeling this post is waaaaay too long. :oops:
          Beautiful car man

Comment

Originally posted by our guile View Post
            Beautiful car man
            Thanks! :)

1990 BMW E30 318is | 1989 Mercedes-Benz S124 250TD

Comment

318is

Did the water pump today, z3 rack is next.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Here are a few pics of my '92 318i as she sits now.

She'll be 24 in February with a build date of 2/92.

Comment

M42 bottom

this

custom oil pan baffle..

dlm
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bone stock, 244K miles
                    1991 318is
                    2004 330ci
                    2011 335d

Comment