Finally found an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally found an E30

So I've been wanting to have a fun car (semi-project) and get rid of a payment. Figured the E30 would be a great place to start. However I like wrenching so didn't want one already done. So was hoping to find something on the $1000 side as well. However, also wanted to a good body to start with which is somewhat hard to come by as they're all in their 20s now. So when I saw the add for this one for $900 and the body looked mostly straight and he said there was only a little rust in the truck thought heck ya. Only it wasn't running. Then when he sent pics of the interior, knew I had to go see it. Well, there was a bit more rust than I thought. So mulled it over, we hummed and hawed a bit but the interior sold it for me. Plus could part it out for more. Well here she is...

Headed home

Its an 88 325 with the 2.7.

This, I found hard to believe.

And the seats...

The rust however, I think might be more than what I want to deal with for repair. Haven't pulled the carpets yet :shock: I think it will still make a great DD though. Just need to dive into it more. Just need to get it going. So going through all the usual suspects. Paints sun faded, but actually kinda like the faded look. Overall, not to shabby for $725 I think. What ya'll think?

Awesome!! more pics man!??

Comment

If that's and 88 with the 2.7. I believe it should be a super eta. Congratulations, you've found a car several people would love to own!
      sigpic

Comment

Sweet find!
        Feedback
        Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Thanks. I've been trying to find some distinguishable differences between the eta and super eta to confirm.

Looks like its just a regular e. tach redlines at 5k

Last edited by csmitty; 03-25-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

yeah u stole it, its most likely a Seta too. look at what the last three numbers the ECU ends in, which is found above the glove box.

Comment

my eta's redline starts at like 4500-4750

Comment

Yea on 2nd thought it probably is the Seta, I was reading it as 6k redline, but think it meant the 6k tach, as in the last number. Think regular eta's have a 5. I'll check the ECU tomorrow.

Comment

It's a seta. Good find, :up:
                  My Feedback

Comment

Engine shot. Already got some of it disassembled. I think he said he swapped the AFM but I'm not positive. Might could reach out to him and see. It's getting gas as verified the plugs smelled stale. Haven't tried cranking as I need a battery charger. Just gonna do some tune up items first. Pull valve cover. Etc...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364270766.418630.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	7153022

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to driving it!

Comment

thats a super eta for sure.

I have one as well. Sweet pick up for sure. what are the last 7 digits of the VIN number?
                      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Good job man. Make it a beauty.
                        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                        1991 318is - Sold
                        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                          thats a super eta for sure.

I have one as well. Sweet pick up for sure. what are the last 7 digits of the VIN number?
                          8865023. Production month is 09/1987. So guess it was one of the first. Maybe it didn't get the galvanized coating. Underneath the rear its pretty rough. Hoping can still swap some plastic bumpers.

Comment

did u get it running? if so what was wrong? not bad for $900.00
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                              did u get it running? if so what was wrong? not bad for $900.00
                              Haven't had much time to fool with it yet. Gonna do a small tear down and tune up. One motor mount is completely ripped. 900 was the ad. After looking at the rust I started out at 600. Then meet at 725. Hard to complain about rust for that price. Plus how clean the interior was. And stumbling into a Seta.

Comment

Working...
                              X