My new seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new seats

My "new" sport seats came from Rob today. I'm kinda torn on them. The upholstery work he did on them in pretty good but the seat frames are pretty much shit.

When sitting in the drivers seat if you rock back and forth there is a noticable amount of play in the frame.

The passenger side is straight broken I think. With the seat locked into place, you can move the seat back 2-3". When you sit in the seat you can feel it move back, and it does a gangster lean to the right side. It's noticable in the pics.

Rob's out of town right now so I'm not sure what we'll do about it, but you guys have any suggestions?

There are some loose ends of course, the handles aren't on the tilt levers, the Rob still has the seat backs. They are pretty dirty. The faded boots and steering wheel should be gone soon.

The material actually matches very well, but the flash makes the center clothe look more grey than it actually is.
    Attached Files

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Not to talk shit... but your car deserves something a bit nicer.. those seats are a little on the mediorce side IMHO..

[flamesuit]

julien
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Why did you switch? I liked the Corbeaus much better. Those seats just don't look very good. Some of it is probably the lighting like you said though.

ABE

Comment

Not really one of your better mods...but hey they still look pretty sweet. I agree with Julien though, a car as sexy as yours deserves something a little nicer than those. :)
        -Adam Schmidt-

1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
        1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
        1991 Alpine 318iS

Comment

They look a lot better in person, and I am not just saying that.

The Corbeaus were worse than these, trust me. Both of the seats were from different model years and had different stitching, different color clothe, and damn if were uncomfortable on road trips.

I'm just dissapointed in the frames of these seats.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Much better than the corbeaus but that sucks about the seat frames. My first e30 had that problem and it was annoying as hell.
            Back to my roots

Comment

Maybe you'll need to change the headrests
              they look a bit cheap IMO

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
              1997 E36 328iT
              1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
              1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

I thought they were going to have the striped alpina cloth?
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

Hummmmmm

Originally posted by DaveCN
                  Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

or straight up diamonds with Luis Vutton fabric
                    Toyota Pickup

Comment

I see what you mean about suede turning brown now, the contrast with the rest of the black really brings it out. Seats look nice, too bad about the stuff that counts isn't doing well. I'm sure you could repair the seats in some way or another though, will just be a PITA.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I think they are hott as shit, good combination.
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

It's Alpina clothe, I never said it had the stripe though. It has a nice diagonal pattern that is hard to see in the pics.

I am going to try and clean them and then take some day time pics, I think you guys will like them a lot more. I just sat in them again and the drivers side is fine, it just feels funny sitting in the pass. side and having it lean towards the right. I am sure there is some way to fix it though.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by rede30
                            I think they are hott as shit, good combination.
                            same here
                            Continuous For Sale Thread
                            323i s50

Comment

The pimp lean is the next big mod. You didnt know?
                              Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                              X