I bought a 2002 last week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robotin View Post
    be ready to pay the price tho!! 2002 parts are NOT cheap.
    Agreed.

If you think e30s are expensive, try buying a rubber door gasket or any part presumed NLA.

I have spent $10 grand and I still haven't driven the damn thing except for the day I bought it.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

If you think 02's are spendy, piece together an E9. hoofta.
      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Sweet! Have Dunn with it! They are a blast and so easy to work on.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
          They do not even have a clue. You better off buying a rusted parts car.
          _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

NIIICE!

i like the ghetto rigged bungee cord license plate holder LOL
            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Welcome to the 02 world. Parts prices aren't that bad, it's all relative i guess. They have gotten a bit more expensive in the last 10 years or so.

Great Cars, i have owned at least one at all times since the late 80's
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                My inner "broke college student" came out with that last comment.

I almost bought an e9 this past winter. Of all people, Steve Peterson talked me out of it. He may have saved me from the most expensive build of all time.
                world renown Harry Potter expert
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robotin View Post
                  be ready to pay the price tho!! 2002 parts are NOT cheap.
                  Says who? The 2002 aftermarket is nearly as big as the E30's and almost every part you can imagine is still available from BMW. What you can't get from BMW, you can almost always find through the aftermarket. Take the doors seals for example; while you can no longer get BMW's seals (which were fairly high in price), you can still get URO seals or simply make your own. I don't see how 2002's are all different from E30's from a parts perspective.

OP,
                  Just drive it with the M10 and enjoy it. That was my plan until my M10's 5 speed decided it didn't want to live anymore.
                  As you can tell, I'm not exactly a fan of M20 swaps. I find that the M42 keeps the rough, revvy, little 4 banger spirit of the 02' alive. The M42 is definitely no more of a challenge to swap in than the M20 and doesn't require any cutting to squeeze it in there. Either way you go, make sure you read the numerous threads on both swaps and take in as much info as possible before you dive into it.

Oh yea, and Lytle's 02' is realllllll stock:
                  Last edited by MX339; 04-16-2013, 12:31 PM.
                  75' M42 Powered 2002
                  AW 318is

Comment

Working...
                  X