mrcheezle's 84 henna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mrcheezle's 84 henna

So as many of you know I bought trent's old car, I said I'd keep you updated as time went on with what I was doing so here is a little update with some pictures and future plans

The first thing I did was a full cooling system refresh with a new rad and stewart water pump along with all the little goodies then I added some ground control coilovers rates are 440/700

Then I snagged a few things that I wanted to throw in mason rear strut bar, racing dynamics rear apron and a alpina cluster from fusion here on r3v

and now for the fun stuff, after seeing sebo's turbo build by castro's I decided I wanted to finally get my turbo build going. I snagged a turbonetics gtk450 BNIB for a good deal and so it began

then I grabbed UUC's 6 puck and Flywheel

and a zf320 along with a 2.93 I'll definitely clean them up and maybe paint them before they get swapped in

right now I have one of blunttech's manifold's on the way and a miller tuning package to go along with the turbo setup. I'm gonna go with the tial mvr wastegate and hks ssqv bov. I'll probably pick up UUC's ssk/dssr as well. I think I'm gonna get the manifold white lightning coated by swain if I don't run out of money for my budget. Gonna order the mls and arp's as well this week and a walboro fuel pump. basically picking up the last few pieces then it's off to Castro's to have everything put on and fabbed up. Got many more updates to come!

Originally posted by blunttech
    Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Sub'd
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

interesting rates... why'd you chose those?

Why spend all the money and not go standalone?
      Flickr
      Originally posted by Indecline06
      For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Originally posted by yberther View Post

Because a factory DME plus WAR chip is less of a headache, and has been proven.
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I am just going to throw this in there.... that flywheel has been affectionately referred to as 'the blue flywheel of death' for a reason. Looks like a cool project... I think I like where this is going

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
          Because a factory DME plus WAR chip is less of a headache, and has been proven.
          Really, WAR is less of a headache than a PNP MegaSquirt box? I guess you haven't seen all of the threads in F/I and on E30tech trashing the WAR chip...
          -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
            Really, WAR is less of a headache than a PNP MegaSquirt box? I guess you haven't seen all of the threads in F/I and on E30tech trashing the WAR chip...
            Well we've used it on about 8 turbo builds with our shop, and have no problem. The factory DME tuning solutions are better for Vanos motors then Megasquirt for most people. Better idle, better cold start, still able to read codes without a problem, no problems running A/C, etc.

I realize some people aren't fans of it or have had problems with it, but Dan will be custom tuning Chas' car in person. We can also show him how to use the software with ease. The ability to switch between 4 maps on a factory DME is really nice! We don't typically use the set-up for it's on hand tuning capabilities.
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
              Well we've used it on about 8 turbo builds with our shop, and have no problem. The factory DME tuning solutions are better for Vanos motors then Megasquirt for most people. Better idle, better cold start, still able to read codes without a problem, no problems running A/C, etc.

I realize some people aren't fans of it or have had problems with it, but Dan will be custom tuning Chas' car in person. We can also show him how to use the software with ease. The ability to switch between 4 maps on a factory DME is really nice! We don't typically use the set-up for it's on hand tuning capabilities.
              Ohhhh okay for some reason I was thinking this was all going on an M20. Yeah I have heard that Vanos can be a bitch with MS, so that makes a lot of sense now!
              -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by yberther View Post

after talking with mark from ground control this is what we came up with as being the best rates for my setup/what i was using the car for. now with adding the turbo I probably should have gone a little stiffer in the front.

Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                  I am just going to throw this in there.... that flywheel has been affectionately referred to as 'the blue flywheel of death' for a reason. Looks like a cool project... I think I like where this is going

I have heard good and bad things about the flywheel, I've probably read every thread about it and every comparison thread. In the end of the day I feel it will do well for what I want. If something goes wrong I'll just replace and go with another brand and hope for the best. I think it's just one of those things that either worked for some people and is a nightmare for others.

and in regards to the tuning after looking at all the options out there I like the way the miller setup works for what I want. I like the fact castro's has had good success with it and having Dan tune the car himself is a plus. Like Chris said, the on hand tuning capabilities isn't really something I'm after and I like the ability to switch between custom maps on the factory dme.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
                      says the guy washing his oil pan in the dishwasher

get that swap done!!

Comment

wow chaz are you becoming a parts whore lol side note you coming to the meet in chino hills on thursday?
                        88 325is Five Speed
                        Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                          after talking with mark from ground control this is what we came up with as being the best rates for my setup/what i was using the car for. now with adding the turbo I probably should have gone a little stiffer in the front.
                          Does he know you have a heavier engine in front?
                          What differential are you running?

Excited to see your build completed. Get them to coat the inside of the manifold as well when/if you send it off for the best efficiency :p

You're going to love the power! Expect nothing less of 400whp!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                            wow chaz are you becoming a parts whore lol side note you coming to the meet in chino hills on thursday?
                            haha I guess you could say that until I install them all, and maybe what time is it at?

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                            Does he know you have a heavier engine in front?
                            What differential are you running?

Excited to see your build completed. Get them to coat the inside of the manifold as well when/if you send it off for the best efficiency :p

You're going to love the power! Expect nothing less of 400whp!
                            Well we went 440 before I even considered turboing my car but I think I will be ok, If it really becomes an issue it'll be one more thing for me to address (when is there never not something) lol. Yeah that's the plan with the manifold. and yeah i'm shooting for that range, sebo's build should be a good example of where I'll be. I'm really excited to get this build going. Little kid during christmas over here haha. For the diff I'll be running a 2.93. Might have it rebuilt before it goes in since my uncle works at redline performance out here in Anaheim.
                            Last edited by mrcheezle19; 04-09-2013, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                              haha I guess you could say that until I install them all, and maybe what time is it at?
                              i think its the same time as usual like 8pm i think me and casey are going to be there a bit early though i have to text terry to see whats going on
                              88 325is Five Speed
                              Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                              X