Holla holla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holla holla

Whoa, I tried to sign up to E30 Tech over a month ago and they still haven't approved my membership. I applied here like 5 seconds ago and I'm already a member. You guys win.

Alright, so if you're literate, you could read my user name and decipher that my name is Tyler Estes. I'm what I like to call a "typical E30 wankster." I'm white, listen to a lot of rap, I'm in my 20's and live with my mommy, and I wear obnoxiously big and bright shoes. And I also have some stickers that say "illest" that are on my E30. I think they're absolutely dumb. Which was why I bought them. Seems legit.

Alright, so my E30 is a 1985 325e. It's silver, bone stock, and on bottle caps. I've had it for maybe a month and a half. I bought off CL and it broke down in a city in traffic at night 10 minutes after I bought it. Because that's just what happens if you're me. So this what happned: I sold my known-working DD so I can get a janky old E30 off CL because I'm so smart and the inevitable happened. It sat at a bank for a few days after it broke down. Needed a new batter. Boom, threw one in that bitch. It also decided to let the revs fluctuate like crazy at idle. It totally looked like it was possessed. But I popped the hood and and an unplugged vacuum hose was staring me right in the face. Because they have eyes or something. So I plugged that in and it ran correctly. Then my starter died. I wanted an Alfa Romeo, but decided to use some logic, so I got an E30 instead. But with the rust and the issues that keep popping up and the rare 1-3-4-5 transmission, it looks like I have a German Alfa. So go me, I guess.

Edit: I had the new starter installed and now my E30 works. AWWWWWW YEAH!

#HellaOmni

+50 horsepower

"Totally a BMW, yo." Seems legit.
    Last edited by TylerEstes; 05-08-2013, 03:28 PM.

Originally posted by TylerEstes View Post

Alright, so if you're literate, you could read my user name and decipher that my name is Tyler Estes. I'm what I like to call a "typical E30 wankster." I'm white, listen to a lot of rap, I'm in my 20's and live with my mommy, and I wear obnoxiously big and bright shoes. And I also have some stickers that say "illest" that are on my E30. I think they're absolutely dumb. Which was why I bought them. Seems legit.
    Ha

But welcome aboard man. I think you will fit right in. The BEST forum ever right here!
    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
    1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
    (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
    2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

e30tech is broke
      "I wanna see da boat movie"
      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Most of your drivability issues, not to mention your F to R weight balance, are caused by the lack of roundel on your hood.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

too many illest sticker yo'

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            Most of your drivability issues, not to mention your F to R weight balance, are caused by the lack of roundel on your hood.
            ^ this and an increase of polar movement in the rear might happen due to a lack rear end pictures...

Welcome Aboard!
            NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
            9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
            WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
            STÄTUS|
            Got Juice?|

Comment

I wanted an Alfa Romeo, but decided to use some logic, so I got an E30 instead. But with the rust and the issues that keep popping up and the rare 1-3-4-5 transmission, it looks like I have a German Alfa. So go me, I guess.
              Go you for sure! Welcome to the penis party.

I recommend purchasing 2nd gear as well as a new shift boot. I can help with the shift boot, not 2nd gear.
              - Josh
              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
              Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Illest stickers huh?

Does that mean your odometer is busted as well?

Welcome.
                2011 1M Alpine white/black
                1996 Civic white/black
                1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                  I recommend purchasing 2nd gear as well as a new shift boot.
                  Lol, seems legit.
                  1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                  You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Are you high ?
                    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Are you high ?
                      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                      (Daily Driver)
                      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                      KW V2 Coilovers
                      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

You'll do well here.
                        1991 318i SOLD
                        2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Are you a theatre major?
                          1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                          COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            I know. But priorities. Been buying music gear and clothes lately. I'll probably get bored and buy a set this weekend.

Originally posted by pacmanE30 View Post
                            ^ this and an increase of polar movement in the rear might happen due to a lack rear end pictures...

Welcome Aboard!
                            I'll snap a few pictures and post them on here. Nothing better to do.

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                            Go you for sure! Welcome to the penis party.

I recommend purchasing 2nd gear as well as a new shift boot. I can help with the shift boot, not 2nd gear.
                            I'm glad somebody got that joke. Yeah, the shift boot looks like it could stand to be replaced. Also need to get a new seal for my sunroof. It was installed with the Get Your Pimpin' Blue Recaro All Wet option. Not a fan of that one.

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                            Illest stickers huh?

Does that mean your odometer is busted as well?

Welcome.
                            You know me too well.

That made me spit tea all over my laptop. Because it's absolutely true.

I haven't even gotten around to doing anything to it yet. I friggin' wake up at 4:15 6 days a week for work and get home at like 4:30. So I never have the time or energy for a project car. I bought it because I didn't think "HURRRRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR ya know, a 30 year old car is most likely going to end up a project car whether or not I want it to." I don't want it to. Actually, I'm gonna fix it up a little bit and sell it. No time or money. AFTER I HOON IT TO DEATH. But as far as you know, no I'm totally not gonna rally it at all.

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                            Are you high ?

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                            Are you a theatre major?
                            No, but I'm a metrosexual hipster wankster.

Comment

I haven't even gotten around to doing anything to it yet. I friggin' wake up at 4:15 6 days a week for work and get home at like 4:30. So I never have the time or energy for a project car.
                              Odd, with that 15 minute work schedule you should have plenty of time for wrenching. What do you do for a living?
                              - Josh
                              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                              Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Working...
                              X