Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver s52 Sedan. The Silberbullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE: 8/27/2013

Picked up some parts today. Excited to get them in. Here is a picture, more to come tomorrow when they are installed.

And a picture of the winter set up for fun. I have added a thule wind thing for the racks. Will take a picture soon as well.

Thanks for looking, check back soon. Hopefully will do keyless entry near christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    drulle your answers:
    I used a m3 stock clutch set up, it was spendy but I didnt want any weird noises.
    I made a custom exhaust with a friend, single 2.5in all the way back, will tuck it higher this summer. ECU and wiring were spendy, look around for pricing. No problems with the brakes. Seem to work good, look forward to upgrading at some point to a more powerful brake. will also PM you.

and yes spacers for clearance issues.

Leave a comment:

• franky2fingaz
    replied
    sweet ride.. why did you have to use the 8mm spacers? was there a clearance issue? I was researching a 15x8 225/50 setup but prefer no spacers... cheers

Leave a comment:

• drulle
    replied
    Hi, I am Paul
    Just read your complete swap thread and what can I say - good job man!
    Everything looking great and I am sure it was worth it.
    I recently picked up another wrecked 98 m3 and this time I plan on swapping s52 into my 89 325is.
    I am debating to stay obd2 or convert the motor to obd1, got a complete car, so obd2 is more appealing from $$$ point.
    I do have a few questions if you don't mind...
    What flywheel / clutch setup you ended up using?
    Exhaust setup?
    How much $$ ecu flashing and wiring harness work cost you?
    Any issues with brake booster / brakes after moving it over 1/2"? Seems like a great idea.
    I would appreciate any help or advise. You could PM me if it is more convenient.
    Looking forward to 24v my e30 this winter.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Hey been awhile sense my last update, I was busy with getting the car in good enough shape to daily drive and move back to college. The car is up and running good, although there is a lot I want to do on the car still before I would call it finished. But it will be a slow task gathering parts with my college budget. I hope to do some maintenance on the motor when I go home for breaks. I have about 1k budgeted to put into the car. And then I will have to wait until I can get another job.

Anyways onto some pictures, props if you read my ramble.

And for good fun a picture of my old car I sold a friend, who then wrecked it drunk driving. Luckily no one was hurt. It was a 2004 STi with light mods done, all by myself.

Thanks for reading guys.

Leave a comment:

• nqphoto
    replied
    Very nice build dude. Can't wait for the updates

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Thanks, I will have some good photos here in the next two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• TMACE30
    replied
    Good work man!

Leave a comment:

• ksjdan
    replied
    Nice build thread :up: I am planning on taking on the S52 swap as well!

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Update 7/18/2013:

I purchased some autobavarian lowering springs along with a set of bilstein shocks front and rear with 5k on them. I also put the following in the mail today:

-control arms
    -control arm bushings
    -sway end links
    -sway bushings
    -inner/outer tie rods and lock washers
    -rear shock mounts

And I believe that is it. I just rolled the fenders and will be installing the springs tomorrow to make sure I do not need to roll them further as I only have the roller for 24 hours.

I can not wait to refresh the suspension, it is so worn out I have a wobble over 45mph.

I will be doing full detail once the suspension is all done, and I have an exhaust shop put a few hangers on the exhaust I ran. I will get exhaust pictures soon.

I still need an air filter and would like to get an m3 harness cover, does anyone have part numbers for the m3 covers? I also might end up putting some e90 drop hats in if I am not rubbing at all and have more room to go down. I want a fully functional car though.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    Alright, I will ignore the tick for the time being and when I change my oil go to a thicker one and see if that helps. As for the radiator hoses I believe the bottom one is a s52 and the top is a m42, but I am not certain, I just grabbed the two that worked best for me.

QUESTION: So when I drive my car there is not plug in the reverse light sensor hole and oil leaks out of it and drips onto my exhaust and burns. I have the reverse light plug but it does not seem to plug into the sensor hole. Any thoughts on this? And should oil be leaking from there?

Leave a comment:

• nokincy
    replied
    Also what radiator hoses did you use? They seem to fit better than mine.

Leave a comment:

• nokincy
    replied
    The injectors will make a ticking noise naturally. But, i'd side towards it being a lifter.

Leave a comment:

• evandael
    replied
    congrats on your first drive!

regarding the ticking, are you certain it is not the hydraulic lifters? sometimes thinner weight oils will cause lifter ticking, especially since you seem to be running hot at the moment. this is a common M/S5x issue and is not necessarily indicative of a larger problem.

it may still be worth having the injectors sonically cleaned, rebuilt, and flow matched.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    UPDATE 7/14/2013:

Went on my official first test drives today and it was awesome. Over heated the first time. Returned home to bleed the system more, second test run I ran hot but did not over heat. I am guessing I still need to bleed the system more.

On the second test run oil began dripping out of the tranny onto the exhaust, the oil was coming from what i believe is the reverse lights switch. I can not seem to get the body harness side to plug into the tranny sensor. Any suggestions on this?

Here are some photos of the fitment, suspension is first up on the to do list once she is road worthy.

Wheels are Enkei 15x8 +25mm with 8mm spacer, running a Falken 225/50-15

And the engine bay shots after I did a little tidying up in there. Look forward to getting m3 harness covers down the line.

THE MAIN PROBLEM:

When the car is running there is a ticking noise coming from the motor, after some investigation I have narrowed it down to coming from either the injectors or fuel rail. What would cause an injector to tick? Or could it be coming from something else and I am crazy?

Would love some suggestions.

Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X