Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver s52 Sedan. The Silberbullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power for windows/blower is *indirectly wired through engine harness which I assume you don't have installed yet :P

Email me and I'll see if I can't help with the short

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Sent you a PM 328ijunkie .
      View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

UPDATE 6/17/2013:

I got the motor bolted in yesterday! Feels like a big step even though instal was very easy. Took about 15 minutes with me and one other guy helping.

Also I tinted my tail lights red. I think it offers a cleaner look.

I fixed the cigarette problem I was having, I had pinched a wire under my driver seat.

Going to work on the paint on the trunk lid some today, as well as space my pass. side motor mount about 3/8 inch to give exhaust a little more clearance. As well as make the driver side sit a tiny bit better.

Comment

Update 6/20/2013:

I have my power steering reservoir mounted and my lines ran. I have the line coming from the rack hooked up to the small port on the reservoir and the big port has a hose running to the bottom "inlet" on the power steering pump. The high pressure line runs from the top "outlet" on the pump to the top "inlet" on the steering rack. Hopefully this is the correct way.

I shaved the fins off of my intake manifold and it clears my brake booster by an 1/8 inch.

And lastly I ordered Enkei 92 15x8 +25

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Why not use an OBD1 intake manifold? 30% less restrictive than your OBD2 mani.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Wheres your ECU coolant temp sensor?

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                ^Plug wont work. Its for a 4cyl engine. You need a 6cyl coding plug :P
                Can someone elaborate on this.

Comment

Oh god, get an OBD1 intake right away ! haha

Good work, we swapped S52's both around the same time, thats interesting.

idk if you got yours running yet, but been driving mine around, it RIPS... best choice for sure.

I had to space my driver side motor mount up a tad bit to get more comfortable clearence for that booster and the TPS sensor wouldn't plug in with the res in the way.

odd because the m50nv that was in there before was fine without spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by nokincy View Post
                    Can someone elaborate on this.
                    This is the coding plug:

From what I understand, if you do a 24v swap into a 318i(S) and keep its cluster, you'll need to replace this plug with one out of a 325i(S).
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I see. Thank you sir.

Comment

328ijunkie can you explain what you mean by my ECU temp sensor.. I don't know what you mean. I think I will send you a PM asking as well. I have tomorrow to work on my car, I plan to get my fan mounted, and work on some of the wiring for the fan as well.

EDIT: Just did some searching and found this... http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=temp+sensor That makes me think that Dave at MMW will be sending me back my harness wired so I only need the e30 brown sensor..? Or I am confused because I can not get rid of the throttle body heater lines.

Any thoughts on the temp sensor?

EDITTT: So I have done some reading last night and this morning, and it looks like my only real option is to move the brown top sensor to the throttle body heater hose and replace the stock coolant ecu sensor back in its original hole, and I will have to take my chances with no throttle body heater... I live in Eastern Washington during the winters, but I do not sit in traffic ever when driving over there and from reading it seems as if when you sit at an idle is when ice can become a problem in the TB.
                        Last edited by Link; 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I think 328ijunkie is Dave at MMW. You will delete your throttle body coolant lines, and place your new brown top temp sender in the hole in the head from the throttle coolant lines (you will remove the throttle body coolant plug.) You will then seal off the throttle body coolant port on the metal coolant tube. Dave should take care of the wiring.

Why can't you delete the lines? Emissions?

Comment

Sorry for not getting back to
                            You sooner but you've basically figured it out. The modded sensor I sell takes the place of the throttle body heater port on the head. You have to have an ecu coolant temp sensor. Your harness will come back to you with the obd2 factory temp sensor plug for
                            The ecu an modded to allow you to plug in the brown base single pole e30
                            Sensor as well. I wouldn't worry much about the tb heating. BMW as one of the few manufactures that implemented the tb heating for a while (mainly cause of plastic intake manifold not conducting engine heat). But I know of people up north running without it and not having any pr

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Problems.
                              On my phone, bleh

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Alright awesome, that is what I will do then. Thank you guys< i hope the Tb heater does not end up being a problem. We shall see.

I got my fan mounted today before going onto the lake, I will tackle wiring tomorrow I hope. Then just waiting on harness and ECU.

Comment

Working...
                                X