• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just cruisin' around at sunset...

:yawn:

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Blew up the autotragic. Waiting on 5-speed swap parts...wish i had her running in this weather. Last year's winter was a blast in this thing.

Comment

love it. epsilons are the #1!
        91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
        ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Thanks, man. Epsilons are pretty sweet. Just wish mine were wider. Thinking about re-barreling them but it would cost about grand to do so. Someday..

Comment

really? there's a shop in LA that is about 200 a wheel - but ya i guess thats about a grand. I'm just gonna do my rears on my GTA's eventually.
            91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com

Comment

yeah most places cost about the same. i had memfab quote me at 200 per wheel plus shipping both ways and it was just over $1k. when i really want to pull the trigger i'll look into it some more. hopefully i can find a place nearby so i don't have to ship them so far.

im always on the lookout for cool wheels. might just grab a set of M Technica's from MemFab cuz they're pretty damn sweet too...

Comment

Update

Time to get serious...

Parts List (some items not pictured):
                -BimmerHeads 280/274 dual pattern cam
                -"eBay special" SS long-tube headers
                -Miller 3" MAF w/19# injector tune
                -Bosch 19# injectors
                -Bosch O2 sensor
                -Gates Racing M20 Timing Belt
                -Vibrant 1141 2.5" resonator (x2)
                -Vibrant 1148 2.5" muffler (flat black, oval, dual tip)

-Ground Control coilover conversion kit
                -'95 E36 M3 steering rack w/res. hoses and spacer kit
                -Condor motor mounts
                -Condor M3 offset CABs
                -CATuned SS brake lines
                -Lemforder control arms L/R
                -Febi inner/outer tie-rods
                -Z3 1.9 SSK (thanks blunt!)

-OE Spec Sachs clutch kit
                -RHD 7lb flywheel
                -Redline MTL and MT-90
                -3.73 LSD

-Luke-Box
                -10" Infinity Reference 1062W subwoofer
                -Rockford Fosgate R600X5 5-channel amp
                -Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors
                -SquaredMotorworks Mini H1 conversion kit (for DEPO smileys)

Removed the trunk tar for the Luke-Box..

Also got a new steering wheel.. a Nardi Gara Type 3 which i love.

And the Condor shorty knob is very nice. Definitely improved the throw on this garbage eBay SSK that came with the trans i swapped in. The z3 1.9 SSK will be going in shortly...

Plans are to wire up some tunes and have the exhaust welded up. Then i'll tear into the motor and swap out the cam and injectors along with the gates belt. Then it's on to suspension and steering. After that is clutch, flywheel and LSD + Redline fluids in the trans and diff. Once the cam is broken in and im happy with how things are running i'll take her down to Lynwood to visit one of Millers tuning shops and have everything worked over till it's juuust right.

Future plans are adjustable sway bars, new wheels and tires and possibly paint and bodywork depending on funds. focusing on go parts before aesthetics. if i run outa money i'll do the prep work myself and drive to cali for one of those $800 paint jobs i've been hearing about.

super awesome crazy cool package coming from over-seas. stay tuned...

Comment

man those long tubes look sexy. def want to see a vid of how they sound!

www.RenownUSA.com

Comment

yeah man. as soon as everything has heat cycled a few times i'll get a vid up. i'm hoping the two resonators and muffler create a nice tone that isn't too droney on the highway. i suppose i could always turn up the luke-box.. :)

Comment

Excited to see this in the future! The GC coils were a good choice, I have them on mine and love them. And the epsilons will look perfect with a nice drop!
                      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Hats off to you, Sir.
                        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                        1991 318is - Sold
                        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
                          Excited to see this in the future! The GC coils were a good choice, I have them on mine and love them. And the epsilons will look perfect with a nice drop!
                          Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
                          Hats off to you, Sir.

Thanks fellers. Exhaust goes in on Monday. Pretty excited. I'll get a video of it soon after.

Here's a few more pics...

Got the Luke-Box wired up and mounted. Tuned the amp and holy shit, it sounds amazing. The luke-box IS magic. I totally get why people say that now...i've had big 12's in ported boxes that made a lot of bass but clarity was poor to say the least. Very sloppy bass. That is NOT the case with the luke-box, it's tight and heavy. Plenty of boom when you want it. With premium speakers amp'd up and the luke-box dialed in it makes really great sound. Can't say enough good things about it. I love it. If you don't have one, get one.

Still working on a solution to clean up the wiring. Probably going to mount the amp differently and route them more discretely.

Moving on..here are some better shots of the Nardi Gara Type 3 and the new Condor "shorty" weighted shift-knob. Plus the custom aluminum cup/phone holder (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=292015) i got from a local-ish member. It's pretty sweet...i really enjoy being able to place a drink down, go thru a corner at speed and not have to worry about orange soda all over my interior. And the phone holder is just plain convenient.

The Nardi is most excellent. Very supple leather, definitely 9.5/10 condition and the design is something i can't get over. I love the way it looks. Strongly considered a Nardi Classic with a lighter wood grain but im so glad i went with leather. Such good feel from this wheel. Love it.

Kinda diggin' the somewhat spartan interior. I'm putting together a black interior though so it won't be sparse for long. Just need a set of adjustable sport seats (OEM or aftermarket) and maybe black carpet or dye my old grey carpet...although i may just leave it out. It was surprisingly heavy.

Hey there..

My boy...caught him basking in the sun 8-)

Needs a wash and some TLC. Been considering a CF hood to be paint matched once i start the body-work. Wouldn't mind the weight savings but from what i hear the fit of most CF hoods is crap. Anyone know of any decent offerings?

Weird sky tonight...

That's the Sun. Was really cool looking. If i was gooder at taking pictures it would look way better, cuz these pics do it no justice.

Last edited by MPLFoster; 04-17-2015, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I like the Luke box setup. Is this what the ski pass seat is for?
                            '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                            '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Yup. Thanks again for the heads up. :up:

Comment

No problem dude!
                                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)