No announcement yet.

MPLFoster - 1990 325i - Exporting back to Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She probably speaks 3 or more languages, I met a Afghani at the Brenner Pass fuel stop in Italy, the guy spoke 6 languages, sharp dude, Germany is a land of diversity, huge manufacturing economy with low birth rate, they have been bringing workers in since the 60's, mainly Turks,

Comment

She speaks 5 in fact. Farsi (Dari), German, English, Spanish and French.

You seem to know quite a bit about Germany. Have you spent much time here?

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Yes, I worked for a German surgical equipment manufacturer (45 minutes from you in Tuttlingen) for 16 years (US based), spent a lot of time in Bavaria,

Spend a few years in Germany and then come back to the States, mainly because she will have more opportunity here, unless you both prefer the more relaxed life style and social benefits that Germany offers,

Comment

Stryker by chance? I know a Polish guy working on a special equipment team there in Tuttlingen.

We are considering coming to the states in the future but with the current political climate and her ethnic/travel background we've been a bit trepadatious. She is a Ferderally recognized State Teacher here which provides her great opportunities, if not greater than in the US. There are numerous opportunities in many countries for someone with her chosen profession. We also do very much enjoy the atmosphere and benefits in Germany/Europe. We're not totally sure where we'll end up. But thank you for the advice. :up:

Comment

I worked for Karl Storz Endoskope. Knowing that she is teacher plus the social benefits and Freiburg is the most youthful city in Germany, I would stay but if you ever need surgery take the train to Strasbourg France there is a great teaching hospital that has a stellar worldwide reputation.

Comment

Very interesting story and stoked to follow along! Also - interested in learning more about your shipping experience. I'm (loosely) planning a trip around Europe and want to do it in my E30, once it's finished and when I'm between jobs.

Random side-note about Farsi & Germany: While in Munich last fall, I was trying to get an UBER from the Flughafen to where I was staying at in town. When my driver finally came, he didn't speak a lick of English,and I had no idea where I was going. Luckily, he was Persian and we were able to communicate in Farsi. Then for the next few days, at the little backerei that we went to every morning for breakfast, my buddy and I were ordered in Farsi with the Afghani dude who ran it. So many Farsi speakers that I forgot I wasn't in LA lol.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by cdeason7 View Post
                I worked for Karl Storz Endoskope. Knowing that she is teacher plus the social benefits and Freiburg is the most youthful city in Germany, I would stay but if you ever need surgery take the train to Strasbourg France there is a great teaching hospital that has a stellar worldwide reputation.
                Achso. I will keep that in mind if ever I need surgery. Strasbourg is an awesome place. Been there a handful of times now and I enjoy it every time.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                Very interesting story and stoked to follow along! Also - interested in learning more about your shipping experience. I'm (loosely) planning a trip around Europe and want to do it in my E30, once it's finished and when I'm between jobs.

Random side-note about Farsi & Germany: While in Munich last fall, I was trying to get an UBER from the Flughafen to where I was staying at in town. When my driver finally came, he didn't speak a lick of English,and I had no idea where I was going. Luckily, he was Persian and we were able to communicate in Farsi. Then for the next few days, at the little backerei that we went to every morning for breakfast, my buddy and I were ordered in Farsi with the Afghani dude who ran it. So many Farsi speakers that I forgot I wasn't in LA lol.
                Thanks man! I hope it will continue to be interesting. Right now I have put the shipment on hold until June 15th when I return from Spain. My girl just finished her exams and needed a vacation. So we're going to Bilbao, San Sebastián and then Barcelona.

I've found that Farsi is very common in Europe. A lot of people from the Middle East/Orient have immigrated here. I love the mix of culture here in Germany. Always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                X