Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thehemiman
    replied
    Stunning car...this makes me want to build an early model car at some point in the future.

Leave a comment:

• N2MYE30
    replied
    I mean, really, where do you go from here. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Amazing transformation. I wished they were available just like that here in the US. Can we get the OP updated with offset and tire specs?

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    nice!

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    started a topic COTM ~July 2013~ elguapo84

COTM ~July 2013~ elguapo84

It all started in 2006 with a stock alpine white 1987 325is 5-speed. Over the course of a year, I sourced all the various m-tech 1 bits, and I converted it to this:

Then in 2008 a guardrail and a tree claimed the car on a decreasing radius corner.

Later in 2008, having retained all the intact m-tech pieces from the totaled car, I found an automatic '87 325is up in British Columbia. It only had 99,000 miles on it, and mint houndstooth sport seats w/ a factory ski pass through. Recognizing that this was a perfect shell for the next M-tech transformation, I jumped through all the importation hoops, and brought it across the border.

Then, thanks to Andy (T3rd Ferguson), I salvaged the front end and door sill strips of this New-England weathered grey-market M-tech 1 and began the Diving Board to M-tech 1 transformation:

This was the result (on 15” BBS RS 001s):

A few years later (2012) I acquired a set of filled and drilled 17x8.5, 17x10 BBS RS’s. They were painted white, but the finish was not stellar. I swapped the lips out for slightly smaller ones, powder coated the centers silver, reused the undersized tires. The result was 17x8, 17x9 RS’s with 8mm and 5mm spacers:

~Mod list~

Interior
    -Spanish Check Panel (funny story; went to Spain, met up with some randoms from the Spanish E30 forums, brought my US check panel, and traded…my check panel)

-Grey/black houndstooth Sport Interior w/ functional Ski Pass through and rear headrests
    -Black Headliner (sprayed)
    -Cup holder (replaces Ash-tray)
    -Leather shift/brake boots w/ tri-color stitching
    -Late model rear deck swap (w/ molded 3rd brake light)
    -Original Canadian fuel gauge (in liters)
    -M-tech 1 Door sills

Exterior
    -Full OEM M-tech 1 body kit
    -Clear turns, Clear fogs, Clear euro ellipsoids
    -Headlight wipers/washers
    -Startec tail lights
    -Rear Euro plate filler

Drivetrain
    -Stock M20 w/ K&N Air Filter
    -Ireland Engineering Longtube Headers
    -B&B Triflow Catback exhaust
    -Manual transmission swap

Suspension
    -17x8, 17x9 BBS RS (silver)
    -C3 Motorsport coilover kit (w/ Koni SAs)
Working...
X