No announcement yet.

First E30 and first Convertible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've suspected that my engine still had a bit of a vacuum leak and was running kind of odd. I had been thinking about taking my injectors out for a while but it wasn't until I had a fuel leak I traced to the FPR o-ring that I decided to remove them to check their o-rings. I also have a fuel pump whine so I've decided to rehabilitate the fuel system as needed. Finally got the injectors out after figuring out how to remove the injector harness (just pull up if it's a late model) and removing the valve cover to wiggle the fuel rail out (also to check and see how my valve adjustment is holding up).

When I pulled them out I found this! Damn!

Off to MEPEH for cleaning and flow testing!
    Last edited by davesmystery; 09-10-2013, 09:08 PM.
    1992 325ic, Alpine over Indigo.

Comment

I decided to paint my rocker panels and trim while I waited for my injectors to come back.

First up was to install the new trim I got from Manpie. I bought the new clips from Guten. Since I had never installed these, I broke a few learning how they go in. For all those who haven't (and are randomly reading this), here's how it works.

Here's how the clips look when you get them:

So insert them into the holes above the rocker panel (9 per side plus a weird one that RealOEM doesn't talk about and I'll show you a sort of work around), and then push the little nub through the clip so it can easily insert into the moulding. Should look like this once inside the hole. Pushing the nub opens up the little claws and secures it in place.

So here's the place with the black clip RealOEM doesn't mention. This goes at the most frontward (is that a word?) point of the car. The first hole should be larger in diameter and a regular clip won't just plug in. I cut out the channel so it looks like the rest of the moulding and then inserted a clip and wrapped it in electrical tape so it would fit snugly.

Then I taped off the moulding and started spraying this stuff all over it. It works incredibly well for what it is and dries quickly. We'll see how well it holds up over time.

You'll notice I use the Wall Street Journal for my masking material because I'm an educated classy gent.

And here it is after, looks so much better:

1992 325ic, Alpine over Indigo.

Comment

Working...
      X