No announcement yet.

Castro Motorsport: Turbo 2.7i M20 E21 323i Baur Teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES do tell.. how you plumbing the W/A intercooler? SICK lookin setup. i thought many ran it off the coolant. 180* is still colder than the egt and charge air output from the turbo.
    Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

Cool.

But... was the passenger floor hammered on to make the downpipe fit? I never like seeing that; PO of my car did that it looks trashy.
      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaE View Post
        YES do tell.. how you plumbing the W/A intercooler? SICK lookin setup. i thought many ran it off the coolant. 180* is still colder than the egt and charge air output from the turbo.
        Let me get that info for you from Chris Castro.

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        Cool.

But... was the passenger floor hammered on to make the downpipe fit? I never like seeing that; PO of my car did that it looks trashy.
        It appears that it was, but even if it was, then the customer okay'd it with Chris first.
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Water to air coolers have separate coolers, very similar to trains oil coolers, and have an external electric pump to circulate the coolant.I believe chris will be using two small coolers. Only the turbo water cooler lines are shared with the engine. I can't comment on the injector selection.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
            Water to air coolers have separate coolers, very similar to trains oil coolers, and have an external electric pump to circulate the coolant.I believe chris will be using two small coolers. Only the turbo water cooler lines are shared with the engine. I can't comment on the injector selection.
            I know on heavy equipment and large diesel trucks they use the engine coolant in the a/w exchanger. You don't see a/w intercoolers ever on cars. Just wondering how this is setup.

Thanks.
            Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

Cool build. I agree with all of the injector talk ^^ 30# is a bit small especially since you're going with Megasquirt.

Also for the air to water intercoolers....we will be running one on our Subaru build as well. They are pretty efficient. They use the following:
              Air to water intercooler core
              External heat exchanger with a fan (think radiator)
              Water pump with reservoir

Comment

A lot of people don't know this but Chris has been creating custom heat exchangers for over 5 years. If Chris had more time to do what he truly wants then he could build some cars that would rival almost anything in the BMW world. Unfortunately he has to keep within his customers design and budget constraints. And as you guys know the typical e30 owners budget is some trident layers and a set of bottle caps.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                  A lot of people don't know this but Chris has been creating custom heat exchangers for over 5 years. If Chris had more time to do what he truly wants then he could build some cars that would rival almost anything in the BMW world. Unfortunately he has to keep within his customers design and budget constraints. And as you guys know the typical e30 owners budget is some trident layers and a set of bottle caps.
                  This.

Chris worked at RMS for over 2 years building their supercharger heat exchangers/aftercoolers. He still does the welding on their E36 M3 after coolers, as well as the s54 intake manifolds and s62 intake manifolds.
                  Last edited by e30polak; 07-23-2013, 12:12 AM.
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Comment

Working...
                  X