Clear All

Fuzz; The Story.

Well here we go..

Car #1
    car: 1991 318is
    Miles: 100k
    mods: Stock
    price: $3500

Wow.. What a story this car was. This was my first car. Me and my parents were out at the Bar and Grill enjoying some good food and some Corona, when the waitress came up and said someone had left me this binder here. I was like.. wtf? So i opened it up, and i saw two plane tickets. I did not knnow what to think. I turned the page and i saw the car, and i still didnt understand. My dad was like, "thats YOUR CAR!" I just about fell out of my chair. This was a Friday night, and he said go home and pack we are leaving tommoro at 5:00 am out of New Orleans to pick it up, we are flying to Fort Meyers Florida to pick it up. This car was basicly show room condition, until i hit a basketball in the road and bent the front valance a little. Well i owned this car for almost a year. On the way to an Auto-X i was going down the interstate at 55mph (speedlimit is 65) because it was wet. Well i came on top of a hill and on the other side i hit a patch of water and i hydroplaned off the interstate. All i remember was doing a few 360's and seeing headlights of oncoming traffic facing me and then going off the road. Spinnign out of control down a hill of wet grass i stopped when i hit a concrete drainage pipe. The one lady who stopped said my car was spinning terribly fast and came to a sudden stop in a ditch full of water.. i think i blacked out because i dont remember much.

This is after my wreck. The frame was bent, doors would not shut. Total trash. So i stripped it out, using it as a parts car (very handy) and sold must of the car off.

Car #2

Car: 1991 318is
    Price: $4000
    Miles: Most likely aproaching 165k (odometer broke a looonng time ago)
    Mods: BMP front and sides, 17' Mille Miglia wheels, H&R Springs, 10k HID, Euro smoked ellips, new Brillantrot paint, shaved trunk, euro side markers.

Well luckily after my wreck, i had close to $3,000 saved for goodies i was going to purchase for my black car. Well since i wrecked it.. i needed to buy car. So i found this one off of DTMPower, in Tennessee. I loved this car.. it was just slow as frozen piss. And if i remember correctly everyone hated on the black wheels when i first showed it off... i think everyone likes black wheels now, go figure. :o

Well i was planning on doing the m50 swap into the red car.. Until i found this one:

Car #3
    Car:1991 318is with m50 swap
    Price: $3000 (ahaha <3 you guys)
    Mods: 1992 non vanos m50 motor, Conforti chip, m3 exhaust, Konis and eibach springs.

Well i wanst even looking to buy this car. I called up the owner to ask him some questions about the swap. Well we got to talking for a few days, and he asked if i was sure that i did not want to buy it. I told him, i would love to buy it but i do not have $8,000 (his asking price). Well he asked to talk to my dad. They talked for a few minutes, and then i saw my dads jaw drop. He said, "I will call you back in about 20 minutes." My dad looked like he was in shock.. The only thing he said was "GO SELL YOUR RED CAR". I was confused.. My dad said that the owner of the red car told him "If you drive up here Saturday morning with a trailor, you can have the car for $3,000." I immediately posted my car for sale (this was Monday). I sold my red car on Wednesday for $4,500. We rented a trailer and drove to Atlanta For saturday and picked the new car up. I think i will be keeping this one :)

This is what i have done to the car so far:

GC coilover conversion: 650lbs rear / 500lbs front
    GC coilovers
    H&R Swaybars
    New adjustable say bar endlinks
    Sway bar reinforcements
    THR Cabs
    Sparco Strut bar
    CP racing rear bar
    Corbeau fx1 pro seats
    Rear plate filler
    16x9 borbrt t wheels
    Eruo ellips on the way

pics are before new suspension:

Great thread. You've come a long way... the red car was clean but something about the look of it was just off. The white car is even cleaner!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Great story!
      Red car was nice
      White car is better!

What happened to the Alpinas?
      Any pics of the engine bay>? How do you like the Non-Vanos motor?

Comment

Damn you southern guys and your lack of rust.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Wow, those are some pretty nice deals.
          Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Total Niceness!

Comment

alpinweiss FTW!!!
              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

You seem to have had incredible luck with E30s, so I'm forced to hate you.

Comment

awesome story. i dug the black rims on the red car. but the white car is even better. I don't know if thats because of the deal you got or b/c it actually is but either way sweet car.
                  Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                  Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

I still think the Kopis look a lot cleaner on your car than stretched Borbets...

Clean non-theless

Comment

You have come a long way, looks great!

-Dan
                      never enough money...

'95 240sx base - RB25DET in progress
                      '87 325ic - Project daily

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                        Great thread. You've come a long way... the red car was clean but something about the look of it was just off. The white car is even cleaner!
                        I know exactly what you mean.. When i would sit and stare at it.. It didnt feel as if were a bmw. I dotn know why. but it had its good days.

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
                        Great story!
                        Red car was nice
                        White car is better!

What happened to the Alpinas?
                        Any pics of the engine bay>? How do you like the Non-Vanos motor?
                        Me and another forum member traded wheels. But i plan on getting a larger tire instead of the stretched 215, but the tires were brand new when i got the wheels so i cant complain.

I can get some engine bay shots soon, my camera is dead right now. I like the motor a lot, but i think it needs s50 cams. If anyone does swap motors, i recomend running a free flow exhaust. Right now my car is basicly open header (getting exhaust made this week) and it absolutely screams on top end compared to havign a resonator and cat.

I am debating on putting cams in the motor, or just start to build an s50. Im not sure.
                        Last edited by f u z z; 02-07-2006, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I forgot how nice those breyton side skirts look with the right setup. You have had some fucking mint cars, each one gets better.
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Sweet car, and theres no need to do a s50 swap, you can build the m50 to some nice numbers, nice e30's.Liked the alpina's a lot, but the borbets are a bigger wheel, and probably make the car handle nicer, i am running 9 inch wide wheels and the amount of tire that grips the ground is amazing on turns, im sure you know though.
                            Last edited by Widm3r; 05-21-2007, 08:37 AM.

Comment

How on earth did he go from 8k to 3? What did he and your dad talk about?
                              Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                              X