No announcement yet.

Anyone a Datsun fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, i almost bought a 510 instead of the 318. Was gonna do an sr20 swap on it.

Check out www.darius240z.com for a sick ass ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
      You sold this car?!?!? Doh!!!
      Yeah...terrible mistake. That car never once left me stranded, performed outstandingly, and turned more heads than anything else I've owned.

One of my favorite moments in it was I was sitting at a stoplight next to a truck. A cute girl rolls down the window and says, "Excuse me, is that a Ferrari?"

Some of my favorites:

If someone can find more pictures of ^ this one, it would be worth your while. The entire car, bottom to top is clean enough to eat off of, and it has an rb26dett I believe.
      sigpic
      "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Here are some awesome pics of old school Nissans and Datsuns if you want to call it that.
        Attached Files

Comment

and then some...
          Attached Files

Comment

and more
            Attached Files

Comment

and then some more
              Attached Files

Comment

e30 is goin in the dump tomorrow
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
                  e30 is goin in the dump tomorrow
                  Thats very tempting. On another note, I wonder if there is a thread about E30's on any Datsun or Nissan forums.

ABE

Comment

Sometimes ;-) they take it a little too far!

Comment

z for sale

i recently went from a 77 280z to a 91 318is...and i have the Z for sale...it has 71k original miles...interior is great..pics soon if anyone is interested

Comment

240z's handle amazing. brakes are lacking, but mine will come out this summer with nice brakes and ground controls, so I'm all smiles.

i will probably put a 5 speed in it when I pull the motor to paint the bay.

then the decision I have is to either a. put in a 2.8 for now or b. rb26dett over next winter
                        Originally posted by blunt
                        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw
                          [/URL]
                          oh...em...gee...

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

my uncle's has a g nose, i guess it adds like 13mph to the top speed! hes also got flares, slammed, 3 piece molded rear spoiler, dual webers, fresh rebuild, 5 speed conversion, etc. I want it so bad to start racing. Maybe if he likes the 2.8 one once they're finished I can finagle it off him
                            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
                              240z's handle amazing. brakes are lacking, but mine will come out this summer with nice brakes and ground controls, so I'm all smiles.

i will probably put a 5 speed in it when I pull the motor to paint the bay.

then the decision I have is to either a. put in a 2.8 for now or b. rb26dett over next winter

Are you going with Toyota 4 piston calipers and 300zx rotors up front? One hell of an upgrade for a very reasonable price. Compared to the stock brakes, my 260 feels like I release a parachute behind me every time I stop...it also has 280zx rear discs.
                              sigpic
                              "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw
                                Are you going with Toyota 4 piston calipers and 300zx rotors up front? One hell of an upgrade for a very reasonable price. Compared to the stock brakes, my 260 feels like I release a parachute behind me every time I stop...it also has 280zx rear discs.
                                yes sir, that is my plan. im on the lookout for toyota 4x4 calipers to rebuild, or maybe I'll just fork over the money and buy new.

I got the modern motorsports package for the rear. 11.4" brembo rotors, brackets for the calipers to use 240sx calipers, and it still keeps the ebrake.

does the front upgrade use z31 rotors? anything else needed besides those 2 things?

the brakes are really what holds the Z car back. it handles great, I was stomping z32's in the twisties at the glen. but the brakes were awful. I had overheating problems, and I had good pads and superblue.

It sucks that its slow, but I don't mind that. I don't need to go fast in a straight line. that's why an rb26 will be the last thing I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X