Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet "Blue Nose" M62b44 swap (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks amazing dude, Cant think how anyone of the e30's ive owned if I kept would have looked by now LOL KUDOS

Comment

Awesome work, I really enjoyed reading through your build thread. Definitely motivating me to get cracking on my own projects

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

wow you did incredible work! you made a beautiful car car.
        wow
        WTB:m60b40 in PNW
        Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
        92 525it 5 speed.
        80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

'fuck yeah'

is what came to mind when I say the finished pictures. nice work, you are a man after my own heart.

Comment

Thanks guys

Haven't had much time to mess around with her lately. Been doing a little spring cleaning of my own though.

For shits and giggles...

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Attached Files
              Originally posted by dvck
              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

You should reinforce the subframe while you don't have an engine in it

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                  You should reinforce the subframe while you don't have an engine in it
                  THis.

Not trying to scare you but...
                  THis happened with m42...
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Thanks guys :D; addressed that issue quite some time ago, never did the rear. Been dabbling with the idea of dropping the rear, most likely will do it if I drop the diff.

On a side note; an m42 did that shit seriously? You must've been having little fun whipping it around huh lol

It's hard to tell from the photo but that raised area is the reinforcement.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
                      On a side note; an m42 did that shit seriously? You must've been having little fun whipping it around huh lol
                      Just your usual drag racing and autoX Seriously though, I only made 5 passes in the 1/8th mile, and wasn't dropping the clutch or powershifting. I don't think I'm that hard on it, but this was shortly after I bought it. So the PO must have been a hoon.
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                        Just your usual drag racing and autoX Seriously though, I only made 5 passes in the 1/8th mile, and wasn't dropping the clutch or powershifting. I don't think I'm that hard on it, but this was shortly after I bought it. So the PO must have been a hoon.

Lol was about to say, my friend did that and snapped the piece off with his m20 but he was raping the throttle. PO must've seriously enjoyed that car or gone 4x4'in.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Been a while since I updated... Some teasers.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but the reinforcement plates are supposed to get welded to the underside of the mount area, not the top side. See DER E30's pic? See where it cracked? Your reinforcement plates don't cover that weak point. I'd recommend cutting the welds that hold them on and re-welding them to the underside.

Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                              I hate to break it to you, but the reinforcement plates are supposed to get welded to the underside of the mount area, not the top side. See DER E30's pic? See where it cracked? Your reinforcement plates don't cover that weak point. I'd recommend cutting the welds that hold them on and re-welding them to the underside.

http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/BM...nforcement-Kit

Thanks for the heads up but I'll be leaving it how it is. I did that on purpose and if it gets fucked up, then shit happens it'll be re done. Anyhow, it'd be easier just to get another $24 subframe from the junkyard, clean it, jig it, and weld on new tabs than to re-do.

Guess I'll be my own guinea pig but appreciate it.
                              Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 05-01-2015, 10:25 AM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Strange that some cracks, I didn't do anything to mine and its still not cracked after 8 years of turbo use :)
                                E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                                E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Working...
                                X