Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet "Blue Nose" M62b44 swap (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a while since I checked up on this build and now I hate you. I'm picking up a car with he same color and its going to be IMPOSSIBLE to do anything to the front end of the car without copying you, but I'll try my hardest not to. Seriously beautiful car, and on top of it your putting a M60 in there! Hopefully You can get featured in the new COQ/COTM once the M60 is done.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

blood sweat and tears for real!! keep it up you are doing great :D

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
        Its been a while since I checked up on this build and now I hate you. I'm picking up a car with he same color and its going to be IMPOSSIBLE to do anything to the front end of the car without copying you, but I'll try my hardest not to. Seriously beautiful car, and on top of it your putting a M60 in there! Hopefully You can get featured in the new COQ/COTM once the M60 is done.

Thank you man! I don't really mind if you do copy things, imitation is the best form of flattery. I doubt it'll hit COTM but that'd be cool, i just want to drive it again. Miss the feeling and drive ability of it.

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
        blood sweat and tears for real!! keep it up you are doing great
        Thank you dude appreciate that!
        Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 11-10-2015, 07:34 PM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Awesome work as always. If I ever make it out to Cali I need to see this thing in person! Keep up the good work
          1989 JDM-Tech 2
          2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Also went ahead and got this bar off Patrick from BMA, pretty damn good fit. Went ahead and stomached the plunge and bought the oem e34 265mm dm flywheel & clutch kit, just a few more things now and hopefully she'll be roadworthy.

As natural as the vanity cover looks in the bay; I still can't get over how rugged the intake mani looks and ties things together.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

I can't get over how gorgeous that v8 looks in there. Def prefer open manifold's raw look.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
                I can't get over how gorgeous that v8 looks in there. Def prefer open manifold's raw look.
                This. Ditch the vanity cover 4evar

Comment

Originally posted by corvallisbmw View Post
                  this. Ditch the vanity cover 4evar
                  +1

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

I like the 2nd pic. No vanity cover.

Great documentation of your build/improvements.
                    E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Flywheel came, also got a killer deal on the 310mm rears that I couldn't pass up.

Roommate got a nice 01 740i; thing is like brand new, cell phone pictures dont do it justice at all.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

You should be driving in no time ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy shiznits! That thing is looking bad ass, keep it up buddy.
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Cant beat local shipping, happy to have this come before the weekend...

Can almost actually see this car running lol.

And just cuzzzzz.....

Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 12-01-2015, 11:05 PM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Well not much in the way of updates lately.

Went ahead and started the wiring but cant test till the flywheel is in. Decided to tear out the hvac unit since I've had a leak from behind there. From the looks of it, its been leaking way longer than I've owned the car, so hopefully no more.

Got a carpet for cheap off a craiglister, pretty decent shape, had a couple burn holes from cigarettes. Decided to rattle can bomb that shit, itll do for the time being..

Also on a side note, I have an extra engine cover + the coolant tank that I might sell if anyone is interested. PM me.

Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 01-08-2016, 12:29 PM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Nvm figured it out.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Working...
                                X