Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facelift on my 87.. TITS!!

LIFTED THE VALENCE UP ABOUT 1 INCH HENCE "FACELIFT"

So i got fed up with the glue and the duct take holding my front IS airdam on.. one of the previous owners hacked the shit out of this thing to put it on.. the brackets were all broken and not even mounted properly..

So i finally got off my ass and removed it all.. ended up having to drill it straight into the bottom of the bumper.. So i tucked the bumper first.. fucking nasty fluid got everywhere thank god i was wearing my safety glasses. remounted the bumper. then proceeded to properly or better yet IMPROVE the front airdam mounting.. I now have ZERO gap between the air dam and the bumper and it looks fucking TITS in my opinion let me know what you all think. This shit is solid and will not be going anywhere.. FINALLY!!!!! YAY!!!!!

PICS!!!!!!!

Before. fucking eww

After facelift.. Literally

LOOK at the lack of gap.. it's beautiful

sorry for the shitty pics but i work with what i got you know??...
    Last edited by NeedaE30; 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM.

I bet plastic or euro bumpers would look better mango.

Note: 'Facelift' used in reference to an e30 person means you did a bumper swap, not a bumper tuck.

Comment

No, it absolutely got a facelift..

and this facelift was completely free... i dont need euro or plastic bumpers i am extremely satisfied with how it turned out.. thanks for your comments

Comment

I mean - facelift is an auto industry term. Models usually go through a facelift at some point during the production run, as a way of updating looks and reinvigorating sales without incurring the cost of completely changing the model. On a modern car this usually means new headlights and tails and anything below the bumper cuts (valence, etc.). For E30s it was the switch to plastic bumpers, new valences, new tails, (and different rear fenders? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
        So yes - I have to agree with Mr. Kaiber, technically a misleading title. No facelift parts here. Still - great job! Love those BBS/Mahle wheels too!
        diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Looks nice, probably do the same to mine. What side skirts are those?

Comment

lol... UPDATED and BETTER looking... aka FACELIFT.. i disagree that it needs to be plastic or euro for me to sayi gave it a face lift... i'm not arguing about that BS anymore.. i gave my car a face lift... it looks updated and way better than it did there fore it got a face lift.. end of story..

thanks for the compliments...

they are BBS sideskirts

Comment

Looks good. Euro bumpers or a plastic bumper swap that retains the 87 'is airdam are the only acceptable swaps for the 87 'is, imo. Why anyone would swap for the much more commonplace late model 'is airdam on such a unique e30 is beyond me.
              Originally posted by Dozyproductions
              You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Nice job on the "face-lift"...

But seriously, that bumper tuck looks awesome.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Does that mustang owner know of anything of E30s? I sold my Swapped E30 to a guy in Derry that had a 5.0 Mustang. I really would like to know what happened to it. Red 4 door Early Model, M50TU swap (Not really that well done).
                  1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                  1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                  1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                    Looks good. Euro bumpers or a plastic bumper swap that retains the 87 'is airdam are the only acceptable swaps for the 87 'is, imo. Why anyone would swap for the much more commonplace late model 'is airdam on such a unique e30 is beyond me.
                    I actually like the IS air dam on 87's and like the late model valance on the late models.. Until a set of Euro bumpers comes falling into my lap for no money, i'll be keeping my diving boards which aren't so "diving board" anymore. if i wanted a plastic bumper car, i would have bought one.

Originally posted by 325islandhopper View Post
                    Nice job on the "face-lift"...

But seriously, that bumper tuck looks awesome.
                    thanks

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                    Does that mustang owner know of anything of E30s? I sold my Swapped E30 to a guy in Derry that had a 5.0 Mustang. I really would like to know what happened to it. Red 4 door Early Model, M50TU swap (Not really that well done).

He has never owned an e30

I like the way the car looked without the bumper tuck and the gap between the air dam and bumper.. but it was installed like shit the brackets were broken and it was being held together by glue.. if that wasn't the case i probably would have left it for another year or to. but because i wanted to mount the air dam properly. the smartest thing for me to do was tuck the bumpers at the same time since i just did the rears.

Comment

Love the 87 'is dam. I was just saying that facelift has a specific meaning in the car world, that you might be interested in. It's like earl/late model. Anyway - a great result.
                      diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Lol face lift, it still has all the same parts.

Also eyebrows lol.

Comment

looks good! what kind of smilies did you get?

Comment

looks alot better, but not a "facelift" per say. No matter what you want it to mean, facelift does mean to update to later model style.
                            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Tucked diving boards look TIGHT! Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                              X