Leave a comment:

• purrfektrs
    replied

new addition to the family

Leave a comment:

• Cabriolet
    replied
    Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
    Right front lower by the crank pulley only. One allen bolt holds it on.
    bc eta, no.

it's on the transmission bell housing, driver's side. there is one that reads the ring gear speed and one that is the actual KPS.

Leave a comment:

• mattewhite30
    replied
    Originally posted by purrfektrs View Post
    uhh it was for sale behind seville diner on rt 18. the acura dealer is a little farther up 18. i paid a grand for it.

the body is basically the only good thing about the car. as soon as the car is capable of doing a burnout... im doing one on his lawn. [jk, i cant be that rude]
    Yepp that's it, when I went to check it out, I think he told me 1800 and wouldn't budge, anyhow enjoy her, hope to see you around town soon!

Leave a comment:

• QUKBMER
    replied
    so.. im looking for a CPS. are there two? one in the bay and one on the bell housing? or am i crazy
    Right front lower by the crank pulley only. One allen bolt holds it on.

Leave a comment:

• purrfektrs
    replied
    so.. im looking for a CPS. are there two? one in the bay and one on the bell housing? or am i crazy

Leave a comment:

• purrfektrs
    replied
    Originally posted by mattewhite30 View Post
    I think I've seen this car in East Brunswick by the Acura dealer on rt18 when it was still for sale. If it's the same car, how much did you buy it for if you don't mind me asking?
    uhh it was for sale behind seville diner on rt 18. the acura dealer is a little farther up 18. i paid a grand for it.

the body is basically the only good thing about the car. as soon as the car is capable of doing a burnout... im doing one on his lawn. [jk, i cant be that rude]

Leave a comment:

• mattewhite30
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    it's been covered
    Haha. Oh I must've missed that post.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Burns
    replied
    it's been covered

...only paid $7150...

Leave a comment:

• mattewhite30
    replied
    ^^^ TRUTH. even with the car fightibgto make it up the outerbridhe, she trooped it out. But shes currently in a coma until i figure out why shesbeing so temperamental and not wanting to start.
    I think I've seen this car in East Brunswick by the Acura dealer on rt18 when it was still for sale. If it's the same car, how much did you buy it for if you don't mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• purrfektrs
    replied
    The alarm is gonna be removed once i get the car to work again. Im going to get a cps today and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• J.Rizo
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    How is the blinker fluid levels on this e30? looks a bit rough, I would check that first. Safety.
    lmfaooo I remember seeing the original of this either on another thread or on Instagram, so funny.

and welcome to r3v! like everyone said, it'll be expensive and stressful. but a blast in the end.

but mostly expensive and stressfull..

Leave a comment:

• euro3
    replied
    Whenever I have electrical problems, the first thing I do is remove anything ADDED the car. So if BMW didn't install it, remove it. That alarm you mentioned and any aftermarket stereo need to be checked closely or removed. IIRC the tach and the stereo share one of the same fuses.

If windows are the problem, start by changing the switches from side to side, the switches are known to gum up, so press them hard and don't give up easily... check the door harness (located between the door hinges) the wiring plug that can get corroded, pull that apart and inspect. If both of those seem OK, it probably the motor itself.

Hard starting....Check crank position sensor, the wire is routed near the water pump pulley and if it's not secured properly it will get cut by the pulley.

To diagnose fuel issues, pull the supply line and crank, If no fuel, you need to check the fuel pump relay. I use a jumper wire to bypass the relay just to see if I can get the pump running.

Vaccum leaks are common as well, check the large intake boot very close and any other vaccum hoses, since the car came with an intake manifold in the trunk, it's guaranteed that someone has been taking stuff apart before you.

G/L

Leave a comment:

• QUKBMER
    replied
    this car is a nightmare...
    You said it not us lol. We have all at one time or another had one of those kinda cars to say those words.Welcome to R3V !!!!

Leave a comment:

• purrfektrs
    replied
    ^^^ TRUTH. even with the car fightibgto make it up the outerbridhe, she trooped it out. But shes currently in a coma until i figure out why shesbeing so temperamental and not wanting to start.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X