My White girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My White girl

Hi! I'm Katie, and this is my new daily.bare with me as I'm not familiar with bmw (only.vw and subaru). I'm not going to jump to make my 87 325es a racecar,but I am making it my Daily. I bought this car Tuesday after eyeing it for.the last two months. As you'll see she is far from perfect, but Still looks better then my last daily. Anyway, I sold my pos Mazda protegay daily for 1700 bucks (idk how I pulled that off) and picked.this pearl up for a grand. No rust, even the pinch welds are still intact. Car is completely stock and runs pretty well. minus the short throw shifter that I DESPISE. The body is in pretty great condition. Typical wear over the years, but as.for dents and.dings... it's not bad.
    Lets start with how I got home.. I live five minutes (if that) from the guy who had the car. So I Took the car, and made it not even a minute down rt18, And ended.up with a blown tire. Ok.. then the brakes were stuck on so I was dragging.the whole way home. Not.to mention there was zero gas in the car (thanks bro) . FINALLY made it.home two hours later.

The Next day I went to work and ordered every part I could possibly need. (Feel free to add to the list about anything else I would need.)
    All around rotors, pads, sensors(I was thinking possibly calipers?) Timing belt, tensioner, water pump, idler pulley, all gaskets needed for.that, and every belt. Plugs, wires (are rocker shaft.plugs really needed?), valve cover gasket and tires. One thing I do need that I haven't got.yet are the stuff for the valve.adjustment, and ss brake lines (possibly an ebrake cable too). Oh And of course a shifter.
    Any suggestions ?

She's now legal, just gotta fix it now. (Hopefully this weekend so it'll be pretty much ready for h20)

See the wire dangling from the steering column? Supposedly it's for the alarm. Once the car is driven for.some.time (and I have some time) the interior is getting stripped. I hate red.

Cracked dash.

Incomplete tools

Never saw this paper before.

Comment

This is the only rust ice found. I'm gonna take some sandpaper and primer to it just to stop it.

Yea... blown. Excuse the soccer ball. Car came with billsteins, intake manifold and a few other.misc. items.

And.the fun part... CAR PARTSSSS

Comment

Welcome to r3v, Katie.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

inb4theleghumping

Comment

I came in to see white girls.

Comment

My head hurts after reading that...

Welcome to r3v.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

y u hate cardinal? white on red is a damn fine color combo.

i mean, if you really want to get rid of it, sell it, don't throw it away. people love teh cardinal.

Comment

That's a nice reverse style shift knob...Lol

Welcome to R3V

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
                  sigpic
                  Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Welcome, looks like you have some work ahead of you. I also love cardinal interiors on white cars.
                    My Feedback

Comment

Cool car, katie you say? I'll just get this out of the way and say it, tits or GTFO. Sorry we dont get many girls on here as you will soon find out...

Comment

Other maintenance items that come to mind are new rubber fuel lines, fuel filter, cleaned/rebuilt injectors, distributor cap and rotor, yes its best to get shaft plugs they're usually cause of oil leaks,and are cheap. And just look for any cracks in vacuum lines. Other than that looks like a great dd.

Comment

I second everything Chessmaster said. Once you get the old shaft plugs out and compare them with the new ones the difference will be obvious. Also look at freshening up the suspension bits (bushings, tie rods, links, etc.) and check the steering rack for any leaking around the tie rod boot area.

And don't throw out the cardinal! Sell it here instead.
                          1992 325ic, Alpine over Indigo.

Comment

That would be really hard to get up your nose
                            Originally posted by blunttech
                            r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by purrfektrs View Post
                              Hi! I'm Katie, and this is my new daily.bare with me as I'm not familiar with bmw (only.vw and subaru). I'm not going to jump to make my 87 325es a racecar,but I am making it my Daily. I bought this car Tuesday after eyeing it for.the last two months. As you'll see she is far from perfect, but Still looks better then my last daily. Anyway, I sold my pos Mazda protegay daily for 1700 bucks (idk how I pulled that off) and picked.this pearl up for a grand.
                              I always call them protegay's as well.

I was the same way, I had a Subaru legacy before having my BMW, and currently also own a 87 Golf. So trust you, you'll tell the difference between VW engineering and BMW engineering. BMW's make much more sense. You'll fall in love soon.

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                              Cool car, katie you say? I'll just get this out of the way and say it, tits or GTFO. Sorry we dont get many girls on here as you will soon find out...

In for pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X