Spring/deep cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring/deep cleaning

Beautiful day so I decided to clean the interior. Pulled all the seats and Leatherique'd 'em and cleaned the carpets. Used some WD-40 on the bottom rails to clean and protect. Man those things get nasty down under there. I hadn't used any protectant on the dash and console yet, so it's still kinda dull in the pics.

I'm taking my driver seat tomorrow over to a pal's house to re-weld the front part of the driver side outer bolster. I really need to recover both outer bolsters on the driver seat, would look so much better.

Now the carpet looks so damn good, I'm wishin' HARD I had some fresh new natur carpet mats! Regardless of how ricey some may think it is, I AM going to install some aluminum pedals in the future too. Also got to thinking about a clutch stop while I was under the dash cleaning.

I also found out why my console wobbles - one of the front tabs is gone, so I will be looking for a new console in the future too.

Next, probably Thursday, will be a full detail of the outside - polish and wax.

Heh, the fun never ends. :up:

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Yeah, I need a tan interior. Looks beautiful.

Comment

WOW CLEAN!:up:

Comment

Looks good, what did you clean your carpet with?

also, I hate that armrest, it's the main reason your ebrake console is loose. I thought there was a chance that I'd miss it once I took it out, but I totally forgot that I ever had one the first time I got back in my car. it feels much roomier inside without it, and mine rattled and squeaked and generally drove me nuts. the only bummer is now you can see where they cut the carpet on the drivers' side to fit the armrest :(
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Mm some exterior pics? Super cleam interior.

Comment

Your wheel is just a Momo with an Alpina badge in the center, right?

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

wow that is one clean car. Time to go do mine whenever it warms up here...
              Continuous For Sale Thread
              323i s50

Comment

Cleaned it with Tuff Stuff or some like brand from the local parts house.

As for the console, I drove my first E30 for about 1.5 yrs without an armrest, and it took me all of 5 mins. to fall in love with this one when I got this car. It is not in my way, never has been. I wouldn't want to be without it.

Recent thread with a few pics of ext.: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=64554

Steering wheel is a Momo typ v36, they don't make them anymore. It has the horn buttons on the top spokes thumb positions. Yeah, it's just an Alpina badge. I've been looking to find a Roundel to replace it with, but they are hard to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
                  Cleaned it with Tuff Stuff or some like brand from the local parts house.

As for the console, I drove my first E30 for about 1.5 yrs without an armrest, and it took me all of 5 mins. to fall in love with this one when I got this car. It is not in my way, never has been. I wouldn't want to be without it.

Recent thread with a few pics of ext.: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=64554

Steering wheel is a Momo typ v36, they don't make them anymore. It has the horn buttons on the top spokes thumb positions. Yeah, it's just an Alpina badge. I've been looking to find a Roundel to replace it with, but they are hard to come by.
                  Hehehe, I just bought one with the roundel in the center. :)

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

How do you put rear headrests in there?
                    Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Good stuff as usual. You sure know how to pamper your car :grin:

Comment

Your car is scary, scary clean.
                        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by MikesJo
                          How do you put rear headrests in there?
                          It's not terribly hard, but not as easy as it was made out to be. Mainly just tedious getting the trim rings in the top of the seat installed properly. Otherwise not too bad.

Your rear seats already have a place for the brackets that support the rear headrests, you just have to find a set and install.

Comment

wow. Your carpet looks like new !

* jealous *
                            -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Very nice, Bobby. Yes, I love my tan interior. This spring, I'm pulling the seats and everything out and shampooing my carpet very well, and cleaning everything inside and out. Should be fun. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X