New E30 owner: 89 325i Alpine 4 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 owner: 89 325i Alpine 4 door

Picked this cherry 325i up yesterday. My first E30 that was owned by a lady who took very good care of it! I am the 3rd owner. Wasn't too keen on the tan interior, automatic and bottle caps but those can be fixed :D It has some little things wrong with it (temp gauge not working, rear pass window doesn't roll down, power steering whines when cold) but overall in excellent shape for an 89. It drives smooth and straight on the freeway. I couldn't believe the odometer still works and the dash wasn't cracked! Picked it up for $2800

When I get it all cleaned up nice, I'll take better pictures but I couldn't be happier with it! Plans are lowering springs, polished mesh wheels (would really like euroweaves) and maybe a 5 speed swap. I want to keep it basic as it will be my daily driver.
    Attached Files

welcome to the most addictive substance in the world ......the dirty 30. But serously nice car man well done.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Congrats and it's the perfect color!
      sigpic
      1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian7 View Post
        I want to keep it basic as it will be my daily driver.
        haha good luck with that. but good start :)

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

welcome and congrats.
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Titan_Omega View Post
            welcome to the most addictive substance in the world ......the dirty 30. But serously nice car man well done.
            Thanks! I always find myself itching to drive it :-| Is that normal? :rofl: I'm 99% sure the car is lowered already (they're dark blue, possible H&R Super Sport?, Bilstein shocks out back). It definitely rides nice but I want the front lower so I may do E90 top/drop hats to accomplish that. Also will be getting an IS lip at some point, just have to wait for the Holidays to pass

Comment

Welcome
              it's just a ETA !

Comment

What a sweet little Alpinweiß 4-door..very clean start. Welcome to the madness!

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

great start!
                  sigpic

Comment

Congrats! Love the alpina white :)

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yesterday I decided to tackle the exterior since the entire car needed to be clay bar'd. I'm 99% sure it's never been done before. I think the results speak for themselves ;D

Also went out for a photoshoot with my youngest brothers E90 and E36 :D
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks very clean, congrats. Don't forget to do all the maintenance and she'll last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by navytapaul View Post
                          Looks very clean, congrats. Don't forget to do all the maintenance and she'll last forever.
                          Just before I bought it, the timing belt, water pump, brakes, exhaust, power steering were all done. It runs like a top!

I found out my power steering problem yesterday too! It was howling bad in any turn at any speed. Expecting to have to install a new pump, I climbed underneath to see the steering system was leaking. Had my brother turn the car on and spin the wheel so I could see what was going on. Turns out the bolts holding the pump together were extremely loose (could spin 'em with my fingers). I tightened those up, filled it with ATF and its good as new again

Any ideas as to why the auto tranny would clunk when downshifting from 2nd to 1st?? I haven't checked the fluid but I'm tempted to throw some Redline in it.

Comment

Start with the cheap stuff. New filter and fluid, then reassess. I put some lucas in my old slushbox before I killed it. I mixed half atf with half lucas and filled the tranny up from dry. My friends ix does the same downshift thing too...

Comment

I knew the rear suspension had Bilstein Sport shocks but I'm not entirely sure what springs these are? They are blue and have no labels on them. Any ideas? Looks like I've got Bilstein Sports up front too ;D I know the car is lower than stock, I can take measurements if it'll help you guys figure out what springs they are!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X