Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin good
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
      I lip is on! No pictures of it yet though:(

I'm assuming this is Corbin?

Sir, it is.

Comment

Awesome build man. I just read through your entire build thread, you've done some good work. Maybe I missed it, but what suspension setup are you running?

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
        90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
        87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
        90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
        87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
        71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Originally posted by bruner View Post
          Awesome build man. I just read through your entire build thread, you've done some good work. Maybe I missed it, but what suspension setup are you running?

right now it's 95% stock with just vogtland lowering springs. suspension work will be coming this winter probably

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
          IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Bring this to the meet tonight!

Comment

i've been driving the car every day for a few days now. obviously there are some kinks to work out, but overall things are good. prime issues:

no speedo
              no fuel gauge
              no instrument lighting
              heater core line connection leaking on to the floor
              engine sounds like it's got something going on. lots of funky smells and sounds. this could also just be my paranoia.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012

Comment

wow, been forever since i've posted in here. just been driving and enjoying the car for the summer/fall. i am about to put the car away for the winter so i will start tinkering on it again and posting updates. here are some iphone pics that i acquired over the last few months:

sunroof finally plugged:

my car and a brand new m4:

up in the air to degrease the underside:

lost my clutch slave about a month ago. $20 at oreilly and i was back on the road:

rear shot at work:

my car and a coworkers evo:

engine bay finally clean-ish

bonding with nature:

Comment

Looking good man. Got any big plans over the winter?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Looking good man. Got any big plans over the winter?
                    not really sure yet. there are a lot of small things i wanna fix up on the inside that i haven't gotten to. i also wanna drop some suspension and get started on that but i don't wanna get in too deep cause i wanna snowboard more this year and i may be moving in the spring so i need the car in one piece for that.

i also really want a 24 valve but i'm dreaming in terms of time frame.

overall i'd like to refine everything inside some more and fix a few other spots of rust, plus prime and paint the trunk. anything i get to on top of that would be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
                      not really sure yet. there are a lot of small things i wanna fix up on the inside that i haven't gotten to. i also wanna drop some suspension and get started on that but i don't wanna get in too deep cause i wanna snowboard more this year and i may be moving in the spring so i need the car in one piece for that.

i also really want a 24 valve but i'm dreaming in terms of time frame.

overall i'd like to refine everything inside some more and fix a few other spots of rust, plus prime and paint the trunk. anything i get to on top of that would be a bonus.

Not a bad plan. If you get lucky you could score a drop in 24v. That could be done in a couple weeks.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Go up by Pokie and pick up Farbin's S52 for mad powah. Complete swap for like $2400 (I know this is a lot but still...you "need" it). Tons of 24v engines in the pick 'n pulls for $140.
                        Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
                          Go up by Pokie and pick up Farbin's S52 for mad powah. Complete swap for like $2400 (I know this is a lot but still...you "need" it). Tons of 24v engines in the pick 'n pulls for $140.
                          i would love to go buy that setup, but i just don't have the money right now. if he still has it at the end of the year i might be able to make it happen.

planning on working on the car a little tomorrow. i recently ordered SS brake lines, a full condor bushing and mount setup, new rear wheel bearings, and a new fuel pump. i still need to get some rebuilt half shafts from napa and a couple odds and ends, but essentially my plan for now is to strip the underside rear of the car (except for the gas tank probably) and fix any remaining rust back there prior to recoating it and installing new parts. i also want to fix any remaining rust in or around the trunk and get that painted as well. i am planning on doing the whole rear of the car in one phase, then depending on time and funds i may do the front end as well before spring. however i would like to just do my full swap and front suspension all at once which may be a bigger project than i want to do this winter.

anyway, current parts i have that will be used:

condor subframe bushings
                          condor trailing arm bushings
                          condor diff bushing
                          BMA SS brake lines
                          rear wheel bearings
                          new 255lph fuel pump and lines
                          IE rear upper shock mounts
                          vogtland springs (currently on the car)
                          mystery struts (also already on the car)
                          hawk HPS pads (once again, already on)

stuff i need:

various tools (mostly a press for the bushings and flare nut wrenches for brake lines)
                          half shafts
                          LSD (actually not sure if i have one of these already)
                          undercoating (already have epoxy primer and zinno paint)
                          maybe a new axleback exhaust (having trouble justifying the cost for this)

anything obvious i'm missing for a rear end overhaul?

Comment

nice work man

those floors came out awesome

-
                            Project
                            Parts for Sale
                            Feedback
                            YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                              nice work man

those floors came out awesome
                              thanks man, i was really happy with how they came out. the herculiner is holding up really well too.

and as an added bonus it's thick enough to insulate a bit so even on 100 degree days with no AC the car was pretty tolerable.

Comment

Have you weighed it?

Comment

Working...
                                X