No announcement yet.

SLC: 1989 Zinno coupe. Superlight, Super Functional *6spd swap inside*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put probably 500 or more miles on the car over the past couple weeks, it's running pretty great. it gets a bit hot in traffic, i think i need to run water wetter and maybe get a new fan clutch. aside from that it's great. it runs much better than it did last year and it feels better to drive it now that i've fixed a lot of the small stupid problems with it.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
    IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Good to hear man. It definitely should have no problems cooling itself. I'd go for the fan clutch first. Water Wetter is great stuff though. How does the rear end feel...teehee?
      Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

man, i get terrible at updating this when i'm not working on the car so often. been driving it off and on, the car runs good and is still plenty of fun. i picked up an iS wing a month or so ago so i installed that. coming up i gotta go get a new exhaust made cause mine is doodoo and i have to pass safety inspection before the end of july. probably just gonna do a full 2.5" from the headers back with a highflow cat and vibrant muffler. should be righteous. also my tires rubbed through my horns thanks to the treehouse eyeballs' caster so i gotta replace those too.

couple pics for shits n giggles:

this one is out near bonneville speedway in western utah on a bmw cruise i went on:

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012

Comment

its always nice to be driving them! those tires are meaty as fuq! car looks good, when you start to drive them regularly and you dont have "real" work to do thats when you can work on making it look better, those small details really make a world of a difference.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            its always nice to be driving them! those tires are meaty as fuq! car looks good, when you start to drive them regularly and you dont have "real" work to do thats when you can work on making it look better, those small details really make a world of a difference.

thanks man, knocking out small things has felt really awesome.

somewhat of a bigger update: i got fed up with the rusty, crooked, shitty ansa exhaust on the car so i decided it was time to take action. i had a new exhaust fabbed by a local shop. stock manis and pipes back to the h pipe. after the h pipe the new exhaust starts, with 2.5" tubing all the way back with a high flow cat and twin tip muffler. it fits, looks, and sounds so good. i'm definitely stoked about it.

here are a couple pics and a decent sound clip:

Comment

more small progress on the car lately. i started my new door setup last weekend. i made GT3 RS inspired nylon handles (with some embarrassing crooked but strong stitching) and custom lock switches. i wanted to remove the rattling annoying plungers so i notched the door skin and put a bolt straight through the lock lever on the latch. now all i have to do to lock/unlock is bump the bolt up or down. really clean and subtle. next time i get to working on the car i am going to start my ABS plastic door panels. also in this pic dump are a couple randoms, one of which is with my roommate's new e92 M3 and another with a local guy's e30 m3. and a praying mantis. enjoy

Comment

Had a nasty little clunk develop over the last week. Got under the car and found that 2 of the 3 bolts holding my giubo to my Trans were gone and the last one was about to fall out. Yikes. Got some new hardware and nyloc nuts and reassembled that before anything exploded. Today I took measurements and cut a cardboard template for my ABS door panels. Next step will be tracing the template to the ABS and cutting the panels.

Comment

got the passenger side cut and fitted today. still not attached though

Comment

decided i was sick of the car running hot in traffic so it got a new fan clutch a few days ago.

also got the door panels almost finished today. i will probably still add a pull handle and some extra fasteners if they rattle too much.

Comment

nice door card man. good job.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

That bolt lock mechanism is awesome. Door cards look mint too! Quite creative
                        BMW tech
                        Umass Amherst
                        05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                          nice door card man. good job.
                          Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                          That bolt lock mechanism is awesome. Door cards look mint too! Quite creative

thank you guys. it was quite a bit of trial and error to fit them but i think it paid off. gives the car more of a cockpit type feel

Comment

I really love it when people come up with their own solutions and make their own custom parts even the symple ones, with out just buying a premade product and bolting it on.
                            No hate on bolt ons I love them, they just dont toot my whistle the same way.
                            sigpic
                            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Gonna make a little door pull? looks awesome. I dig it alot.
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                              Originally posted by Northern
                              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

more progress on the car recently. i've decided to revamp the front brakes and delete the booster and ABS for future swap clearance. i will be running massive's booster delete kit with a VW fox 20mm master cylinder. i'm also converting to rx7 calipers and corrado rotors with an avery design install kit.

so far i've test fitted and clearanced the calipers and had the rotors machined to fit the hubs. when i get my boosterless setup from massive i can start plumbing brake lines and wrap up the brakes. the reservoir on my new master cylinder doesn't have a clutch fluid nipple like the stock one, so i had to build a bracket and mount a remote fluid reservoir for the clutch.

i also put in an order today for new control arms, tie rods, and an e36 rack.

here are a few pics from the brake stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X