No announcement yet.

SLC: 1989 Zinno coupe. Superlight, Super Functional *6spd swap inside*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very cool brake set-up. do you ever make it to the meets here in SLC? Seems like you would be a good guy to be friends with. haha!

Comment

Awesome thread. Just picked up a new project e30 and this is providing me with a great deal of inspiration! Cheers! Can't wait to see more!
      1990 325i w/ 24v M50 Swap
      South Shore MA

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        very cool brake set-up. do you ever make it to the meets here in SLC? Seems like you would be a good guy to be friends with. haha!
        Yeah I make it to the UBE drives and the IKEA meet sometimes in the summer.
        Are you on the UBE facebook? I'm sure I've seen you around.

Originally posted by destroyer View Post
        Awesome thread. Just picked up a new project e30 and this is providing me with a great deal of inspiration! Cheers! Can't wait to see more!
        Thanks man! Means a lot to know people still appreciate silly garage builds haha. Hope you have fun with your e30!

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
        IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
          Yeah I make it to the UBE drives and the IKEA meet sometimes in the summer.

Are you on the UBE facebook? I'm sure I've seen you around.

Yea I'm on there. My name is Zane Wesley. I have a white 325ix.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            Yea I'm on there. My name is Zane Wesley. I have a white 325ix.
            Ahhhh I think I've seen your name on there before. I haven't been to a meet for at least a couple months so I don't remember if I saw your car around. Maybe in the spring when I have this thing roadworthy again haha

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012

Comment

Ahhhh I think I've seen your name on there before. I haven't been to a meet for at least a couple months so I don't remember if I saw your car around. Maybe in the spring when I have this thing roadworthy again haha

Yea I know that feeling. Just got the IX back after maybe a year of sitting.

Comment

so i read some misinformation and ordered e30 outer tie rods for my reman rack that comes with e36 inners. doh. gonna have to exchange those.

i also had a second brain fart and gave lee at massive the wrong address for my booster delete and it was returned to him so i'm still a ways out on receiving that.

on the plus side my lemforder lower control arms came today and they're awesome. i also painted my rx7 calipers red at work today and they came out really nice. no pics for now, should have more this weekend though.

Comment

cured the calipers in the oven today. they turned out pretty nice for being sprayed with $5 walmart caliper paint. my wheels will cover them mostly anyway so the paintjob isn't crucial.

today i also received my garagistic aluminum PS delete to replace the wrecked condor uhmw one, as well as my e36 rack spacers.

oh and i shortened my steering linkage for the e36 rack at work today too.

here are a few pics:

Comment

little more progress recently. booster delete kit finally got here after my brain fart. props to lee for being a good guy and resending it so quickly. i started the brake pedal modification today but will be finishing it on monday at work because the new pushrod mount hole needs to be drilled perfectly and i have a drill press i can use at work. i also received my rebuit e36 rack and new e30 inner tie rods to match the outers. i removed the crappy e36 inners that came with the rack and mounted up the new e30 spec meyle inners/outers. i also fitted my new garagistic aluminum PS delete and mounted the steering rack to my subrame using some spacers i bought on ebay. i am currently gearing up to buy a house so i would like the car to be roadworthy again in the next month or two so i can drive it to the new place rather than having to tow the bitch.

here are a few pics

Comment

So did you remove your stereo or no? I'm playing around with the idea of just running a beats pill in my car when I want to listen to music.
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

oh and i shortened my steering linkage for the e36 rack at work today too.

I tried this a few years ago on my iX, and it binds like hell with the ujoints offset the wrong way. You should make a thin steel plate to install where the guibo was instead of bolting the two halves together.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Here's the one I currently run on my iS

Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                            So did you remove your stereo or no? I'm playing around with the idea of just running a beats pill in my car when I want to listen to music.
                            i removed the stock stereo and speakers. my current setup is just very basic pyle 2 channel amp in the glovebox with 2 front speakers. the amp has a 2.5mm aux input so i can just listen to my phone if i want on longer drives. it's not very loud though which is a bummer but it works okay for what it is.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            I tried this a few years ago on my iX, and it binds like hell with the ujoints offset the wrong way. You should make a thin steel plate to install where the guibo was instead of bolting the two halves together.

i put everything together today and you're right, it was binding up pretty bad. i busted out my trusty dremel and got it taken care of though. however i do like that design and may do it like that anyway if i get a chance.

Comment

today i got the subframe and e36 rack all mounted under the car. also mounted up the massive booster delete plate and master cylinder. after that i mocked up brake lines with doubled up baling wire and started bending the actual brake lines once i had them mocked up. the bender tool i have isn't awesome so the lines aren't pristine but they should work just fine if i do a good job flaring them. i forgot to take pics today but i will get some later on.

Comment

How are your wheels working out for you now? I'm eying the same set.

Edit: because I'm poor :(
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X