No announcement yet.

SLC: 1989 Zinno coupe. Superlight, Super Functional *6spd swap inside*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today i worked on finishing up scuffing the interior. basically at this point i just need to clean it, hit any spots i missed, then clean again. after that i will be ready for primer and paint.

i also pulled my front bumper and trimmed the valance for the extra air flow. no pictures cause it came out kinda shitty but it'll mostly be under the bumper so whatever.

also test fitted my wheels. i think i'm gonna need a fairly aggressive roll and pull up front to fit 225s but my strut clearance is stellar so i'm okay with doing some fender work.

front

rear

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
    IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Those wheels look fucking awesome
      Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

well i crashed on my bike monday night and broke my collar bone so updates will be slow and small for the next little bit. pretty bummed. i am going to see how i feel and maybe try to get some small stuff done here and there.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012

Comment

My dad worked for channel 5 news here in SF CA. He interviewed this down hill mountain biker chick who had broken almost every bone in her body at least ones. She had broken her collar bone so many time the Dr. took it out because they could not fix it. Sagy shoulder
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
            well i crashed on my bike monday night and broke my collar bone so updates will be slow and small for the next little bit. pretty bummed. i am going to see how i feel and maybe try to get some small stuff done here and there.
            Get well soon sir! :D

Originally posted by deutschman;4136313[B
            Sagy shoulder[/B]
            Sorry.... I laft

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
            PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
            Originally posted by marshallnoise
            You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

since i've been broken i've just been doing some small stuff and acquiring more parts so i will be ready to get the car going once my shoulder heals. bought missing hardware for the taillights, an antenna delete, battery terminals, etc. today i just organized the garage as well as i could, then reinstalled my tail lights and put my antenna plug in. i'm hoping that my roommate can help me finish prep so we can paint soon and allow the paint to cure for the few weeks that i'm crippled.

Comment

how's the shoulder doing?

1991 325i
                flickr
                @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
                  how's the shoulder doing?
                  its getting there. i've been outta the sling all day and was able to get my stick shift jeep back from my dad finally. movement is still somewhat limited but it gets better every day.

as far as the car goes i have been collecting more parts and working on small stuff. i bought all this recently:

fog deletes
                  redline trans and diff fluid
                  distilled water + redline water wetter
                  oil + filter

i decided to push the car out of the garage the other day to really clean the engine bay and spray the dust off everywhere else. the car was filthy and wasn't really ready to be washed for a while because of all the windows being out and what not, but i finally got sick of working on a dirty car all the time and just hosed the bitch off.

paint prep is done. i just need to do a final cleaning of the inside then spray. that should be happening sunday hopefully. after paint i'm going to remask, then bedline the floor boards for durabilty. once that all cures it's reassembly time

Comment

today i finished sanding my marker light filler and plastidipped my bumpers. the plastidip is just a temporary thing til i paint the exterior. at that point i'll be painting them body color. i'm stoked on how the marker lights turned out though. even in unfavorable light it's hard to tell that they were ever even there.

some pics:

after the hose off:

bonus pics of parts as well as the back of the t shirt i was wearing when i ate shit:

Comment

little more progress today. i put the new pads on the back and installed my wheel studs. the old pads were toast but the rotors were fine and money is tight right now so i didn't replace the rotors. i will probably replace the fronts since the front brakes do all the work.

Comment

Please dont paint match the trim, I know you want that race car no trim look but paint matched trim on E30s looks like poop.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          Please dont paint match the trim, I know you want that race car no trim look but paint matched trim on E30s looks like poop.
                          This. Seriously, it looks fucking terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            This. Seriously, it looks fucking terrible.

i wasn't very clear in the previous post, i will be paint matching the BUMPERS. the trim will remain black. i am not a fan of color matched trim either, believe me

Comment

Good Idea on bed liner for the floors that's what I'm gonna do.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

so, good news and bad news.

good news: we primed and painted the inside of the car.

bad news: we ran out of paint right toward the end so we didn't get totally finished. my roommate is going to pick up more paint this weekend for me so i will be ready to finish it. just a couple spots didn't get covered, the biggest one being the driver side rear floor. the two front floors are bare primer but they'll be getting bedlined so no need for paint there.

pictures:

Comment

Working...
                                X