New paint and new wheels = bimmer bonerz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New paint and new wheels = bimmer bonerz

Picked up this eta for $535 from the original owner and family friend. ($535 is what he would have saved in trade and taxes if he traded the e30 in on a CPO e90 he bought, so he said match it and it's mine).

Bought the wheels from a member here locally, and bartered for paint and body work with a shop in my town. Bought a new battery, a drivers side fender and had to buy a center cap for the one of the Remembers, so my investment thus far is 1400 plus services rendered for the paint/body work (I have a home improvement business, supplied 2 days of labor in the shop guys house).

Enough of that. Car has 327k miles. Came with a binder of maintenance records dated to 1988. Originally a bronzit car, I decided to keep it similar but with a modern twist, so I went with an e90 color, "Platinum Bronze Metallic". She's a dream to drive, going to start on the interior refurb.
    I know she's sitting a little high, but this is a budget build, and if I need to get low I can always climb into this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    both these cars are gone :(

Nice! I'm really digging the color.

Comment

Nice car (s)!
      Not sure about the thread title though...

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

very nice

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I am really happy with her

sigpic

Comment

What are the specs of the BBS? 16x8?

Comment

Originally posted by e30Brah View Post
                What are the specs of the BBS? 16x8?

They are 1 piece replicas, Koenig "Remembers" 16x7.5 et 20. Perfect fitiment.

sigpic

Comment

Looks good, love the color also. Any other plans?

Comment

Lighting mods are on order (flat faced Hella h1/h4, new fogs). Paint the bumper surrounds, mirrors and impact strips SEM satin black. Paint grills. Polish aluminum. Eventually some go-low goodies. Maybe a chip.

sigpic

Comment

Weren't you trying to sell your 2002 on CL a while ago and looking for a set of bbs rs? Why did you go with Koenig wheels instead?

Comment

Shadow line it ASAP. And a drop. Always do suspension before wheels.

Otherwise, I'm jelly of the fresh paint. My sled needs it badly!
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosTheory View Post
                          Weren't you trying to sell your 2002 on CL a while ago and looking for a set of bbs rs? Why did you go with Koenig wheels instead?

Yes that's me. Still have 2002 in storage. Koenigs were local and 1/3 the price of rs's. This was a budget build from day 1 so I just couldn't justify the cost of the real bbs's at the end of the day. 02 is on the block in the spring.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            Shadow line it ASAP. And a drop. Always do suspension before wheels

+1 on the drop. sort of digging the chrome trim for the time being

sigpic

Comment

At least do the front and rear window trim. Makes a huge difference.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X