No announcement yet.

Hennarot S50B32 M3 consumes my spare time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea there isn't much of a selection in the 225/45/16 size that is a good balance between street and track. As long as they aren't too soft, Im sure I will be happy.

What are the next plans for the M3?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm getting fuel starve, and a bumble when I launch the car at autocross. Also I'm experiencing a large volume of oil dribbling out of the carbon airbox when driven hard. Finally I'm experiencing an unwillingness to idle periodically. It always happens after a freeway drive, but doesn't happen every time in drive on the freeway (if that makes sense...).

So I'm planning on replacing the in tank pump & fuel filter, them probably build a swirl pot if the new in tank pump doesn't work.

For the low rpm/high load stumble, I'm going to have MAC Autosport retune the ecu. A set of schrick 284's might find their way into the motor around this time too.

I first noticed the oil escaping out of the intake opening after the first session of our spring HPDE. I popped the carbon airbox off to find the drain line that goes from the air/oil separator down to the dipstick was pinched. I streamlined the line by removing 18 inches of random hose (aren't swaps fun?) and thought the problem was Fixed until it started leaking again at last weekends auto-x. So I might order new hoses for the air/oil system and a new air/oil separator. I think I'll add a catch can for the line that runs between the airbox and the separator.

For the idle, I'm guessing the airbox air temp sensor is experiencing heat soak and throwing off the dme. I was thinking of wrapping the underside if the airbox in gold reflective tape as carbon fiber isn't a very good heat isolator.

Once all that is done, I'd like to install Ireland engineerings posi-lock rear camber/toe adjusters and fix a small e-brake annoyance.

I have a pretty trick splitter in the works, and as much as I hate to say it, the eurostop M1 hood has really caught my eye! Finally, I need a bit more aero on the track, so I'd love to find a second trunk lid to mount my white cars APR looking spoiler on while keeping the current trunk lid/wing for all other times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Nice shots, I love those pictures. I have always loved your white car, hopefully I will get around to fixing mine.

My Build

Comment

Henna is one of my favorite colors! Looks great bro!!!

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Love it! Sorry if mentioned before, but what wheels are they? Sport Evo weaves? Eyeing up 5 stud wheels...
            JUNGL3

1990 "333i" Sport

Comment

Yes, they are BBS made wheels for the Sport EVO. You can still buy them new from the factory, and the nargo center ones are actually cheaper than the normal 16" M3 wheels!

I'm actually packing the car up for an autocross tomorrow! This month has been super busy, this will be the first time I've driven it since the end of June.

Comment

A bit of auto-x action from yesterday.

Comment

Untitled by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Comment

That pretty part, tell me more!

Comment

I wish one day my garage will looks like yours. So much win
                      2004 500whp STI Track monster
                      1988 180hp Slow Daily 325is

Comment

Two vids from our local Time Trial back in May. This car is awesome.

Comment

A bit of auto-x action from a week or so ago. The car was co-driven this time and the oil temp was creeping up to 260f, with the water temp just under 220f! I think the next major mod will be an electric water pump setup with a PWB to modulate the pump.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Eric; 08-27-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Oh my, this won't be good!

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 5.24.13 AM by ericandshovin, on Flickr

oh wait, we're all good here.

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 5.24.47 AM by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Comment

sliding or correcting?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X