ryanc88's build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ryanc88's build thread.

so ive been meaning to start one of these for awhile now so here we go.
    It all started when i was 17 (07) and i brought this guy home from the original owner with 83k on the clock! it looked like this but not lowered. i lowered it on fk springs and billy sports, i really liked that set up!
    here is what I used in my swap;

Motor: s50
    Harness: s50
    Injectors: stock
    DME: 502 silver label with dinan chip
    Flywheel: stock s50
    Clutch: stock s50
    Driveshaft: E36 328i 5spd
    Transmission: ZF 320 5 speed, stock e30 manual brace, e21 mounts with agk cups.
    Motor Mounts: agk solids.
    diff:2.93 LSD
    Linkage: z3
    Booster: e21
    Master: e32 750il
    front calipers: Ireland engineering bbk with stainless lines front and back. 310 mm.
    intake: dinan intake, dinan big bore throttle body and m50 manifold.
    Radiator: z3m
    Fan: mishimoto 16in puller
    Exhaust: s52 manifolds, into x-pipe to magnaflow high flows then to stock e36 m3 muffler.
    steering: 98 m3 rack, s50 pump
    suspension:new control arms, sway bar bushings and sway bar end links. rtabs, lollipops (m3 offset), diff and sub frame bushings (12mm risers) all derlin and from condor. bilstein sport shocks and coil-over conversion kit from ground control. spring rates are 550lbs front. 700lbs rear.

and here is a wiring chart i made for late models quite a while back.

then some time later I decided to upgrade my exhaust, went to a miller maf and 19lb injectors.

after a few years of that I got a real job and decided to take my build up a notch! prepping to remove the good old m20.

and its out!

this is what the s50 looked like before i really had a chance to clean it up.

here is the bay after some tlc.

me building the exhaust, I went with 2 3/4. it goes from a s52 headers to a x-pipe cats and then to a stock e36 m3 muffler. It sounds very good! if i do say so myself.

so after that ive done so much, and so few pictures. I got a harness bar and seats in preparation for track/auto-x

z3m radiator. such a easy upgrade, I highly recommend it.

ground control coilover conversion, 440lbs front 700lbs rear

then I picked up a IE older style bbk.

I found this on cragslist for a price i couldn't pass up. its a dinan intake, 540 maf bimmer world boot and a turner chip.

then last but not least, I picked up a set of OZ supperleggras and have nitto next gens on them. 215/40/17.

Thats all i can think of for the moment. more to come soon!
    Last edited by ryanc88; 07-20-2014, 02:21 PM.

Looks good man, any pictures of the z3m rad installed??

Full car shot with the new wheels on?
    1990 332i, 4 door
    2008 KTM 990 Superduke
    2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

You should turn that harness bar into a roll bar or get rid of it. God forbid you roll the car at an event your spine will be used to keep the roof from caving in. If you did it, then ignore me!

Looks like a good project. Enjoy.
      2011 1M Alpine white/black
      1996 Civic white/black
      1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Varinn : thank you! here is a full shot, it needs a respray pretty bad.

this is how the z3m radiator turned out. it was the same procedure as replacing the stock one. but i think it may be different for early models.

einhander: Thank you as well! good looking out, it is a safety concern. I do have them installed however im just using the stock seat belts untill i get my roll bar in there.

Comment

Keep up the good work! Good to see e30s stay on the road.
          My Allrad Blog

Comment

Thank you Rocketjohn!
            just a mall update for this weekend but i have a lot of goodies in the mail. i was out at the local pick and pull and found a car with a 13 buttion obc so i converted from my 6 buttion.

Comment

out with the old in with the new! just put in new control arms and IE braided break lines.

Comment

What size are the wheels? 8"? I'm thinking about the same tire size.
                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

yes they are 8's. i really like the size but i think down the road ill be going wider.

Comment

just got condor cabs, subframe bushings, rtabs, diff bushing and a 98 m3 steering rack. let the fun begin

Comment

Great progress.
                      sigpic

Comment

thanks pilotskillse30! finally got this guy out.

I found this after i pulled the subframe. it looks like my bushings were so bad the subframe was rubbing on the gas tank.

Comment

so its been a while, ive gotten a lot done. some stuff that isnt pictured, IS lip and spoiler. found out my o2 was faulty. replaced my tps, all of my vacuum lines, intake gaskets, and a bunch of miscellaneous little things. ill be taking her to the ref this week!
                          I also decided to do the swaybar end links and bushings while i was in there.

had to take the fire wrench to the subframe to get those bushings out.

my master cylinder was on the way out so i upgraded to a 25mm master out of a 750il. it was really easy to do and made the breaks feel amazing. if you like a firm pedal that is.

Comment

Did the BAR give you a hard time about the DINAN intake? Id imagine DINAN has a CARB # for it so they shouldnt give you a hard time about it.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

bar didnt say a thing, just asked for the eo#'s. after that i didnt hear a word about it. i was kinda worried about him giving me crap about it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X