Newman8r's Texas Vert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newman8r's Texas Vert!

I've been lurking on this forum, not posting any pictures of my car.
    I traveled up to Corpus Christi and saved this 1989 325i zinno convertible. The PO just had the spark plug wires sitting on top of the plugs, had no clue there was a soft top under the hardtop and just plain didn't know about BMW. But the engine was solid and clutch was strong, new timing belt,a K&N filter, and a Dinan chip, So I bought it. (Also the Convertible Hardtop was a
    big factor :o )

It had blown shocks, leaky power steering lines, and tires way to tall to look halfway decent. Also had a straightpipe with a ford muffler at the end :hitler:

On the way back home a monstrous coyote ran right infront of me. There was no way to avoid it. It totalled the lower valance and bent some of the metal under the bumper. Just to give you an idea on how abnormally large this animal was, there was blood on the top of the headlights and the coyote went under the car....

Over the next few weeks I tackled the small issues, fixing leaks, changing oil, Valve cover gasket, rubbed on the paint. pulled some dents ect.
    Updated photos! These were from EMC2 Euro Island Meet and Cruise!
    UPDATED 10-31-2014
    Went up to Fredericksburg to a bmw meet and cruise and around 6:30am 5 minutes from my destination a deer came across the road and I swerved and barely clipped him. Ruined my day and his but I was happy to be alive.

I was pretty depressed about it but a fellow R3ver who lives near me hooked it up with an extremley well colormatched vert front fender and lights.

UPDATED 12/13/14

Well after working on her between school and work, I finally got a lot done! I pulled my head out of my ass and corrected a lot of stuff I once thought looked good...
    I,
    Dumped es valance, and picked up a late model.
    Color matched valance and rocker panels
    Finally got the seats reupholstered (took forever. Ran into multiple problems)
    Changed interior from tan to black.
    Installed HID low beams and LED fogs!
    added a few goodies here and there.

Update 1/17/15
    Added a rear apron, and Replaced the sun rotted soft top. Also added tint (not pictured) Just waiting for my exhaust to get in this weekend and I should be happy for a little bit :)

Originally posted by 88BlackS-ETA
    Nice car. Looks pretty solid from the pics. Like the rims that you put on also. Any future plans? (engine swap/upgrade)
    Thanks! I wanted to go for the classy look. As for future plans I believe I am going to respray, maybe color match the hardtop and the valance. I am looking into adding a turbo also. I have been gathering information and looking for bits and pieces!

Comment

Nice looking vert. Post up some interior shots when your done in there. I'd colour match that front valance too, makes a big difference...

Comment

looks solid so far dude........in for better quality pics.
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

progress is looking good. +1 on color matching the front valence.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by newman8r View Post
            Thanks! I wanted to go for the classy look. As for future plans I believe I am going to respray, maybe color match the hardtop and the valance. I am looking into adding a turbo also. I have been gathering information and looking for bits and pieces!
            I wouldnt turbo an M20, yea its been done.. but its such a headache, so much easier to drop an S54 in it and your already in the 300s hp-wise. Turboing a motor that wasnt meant to be turboed is a headache, just look a DJ Buttchug's turboed M42.

Nice car, very classy. i agree with the color match, although the black valance kinda looks cool.

What part of Texas you at? since you said up to Corpus, im assuming like Brownsville area?
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by newman8r
              Yeah I think I will color match, I only did black because my rocker panels are black underneath. (will change that too) Yes sir! South Padre Island!

Keep up the good work. South Padre is really nice. Do you know about Cupcake Meet? Their next big one is in Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Looks a hell of a lot nicer than it did! I hate almost anything with diving board bumpers, though, and I really don't care for the cow catcher front valence.
                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

It needs chrome grills. They will go great with those wheels. After you paint the valence keep an eye out for euro bumpers. It is nice keep up the good work.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Thanks!

Update! Big changes coming this weekend! Also Speaking of South Padre Island, there is a meet June 14th... Want to come down?

I would, but it's an 8+ hour drive, and I'm going to see my favorite band live the night before. So unfortunately I'm not, I may make it to CCMXX (CCM 20), but I'm going to a concert with my girlfriend(she's going to see my favorite band with me, so I have to go with her to see hers) the night after, so idk if I'll be able to afford both.

Hopefully we will be able to get together and rep the E30 group soon.

Comment

We need to get something going in Texas! Lots of e30 owners, not so many events!

I've only seen a couple around town, but definitely, maybe really start kicking things into gear in fall when it cools off... You know how Texas summers are.

Comment

Nice work.

Still have tan interior? Need a lower left bolster in good shape for my vert.
                        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Updated!

Comment

Needs more euro grilles

Comment

Never realised Texas was so damn dangerous, but then my view of Texas comes from watching Dallas in the 80s. Never saw JR getting attacked by wild beasts on the road. We get loads of deer round here, know a bloke who hit one, wrecked his van, so strapped the beast to the roof and sold it to a dodgy butcher. Thanks to the high cost of venison it paid for the repairs, and diners in local high class restaurants never realised they were eating roadkill.

Good work on the car, real transformation there. I'd take the yellow tint off the headlights but keep it on the high beams, bit too yellow at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X