No announcement yet.

My 5-Lug Seta Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some interior work this last weekend.
    Swapped carpet: I was super happy with the shape of the floor boards (suck it Northerners ;) )

Installed a Kirk Bar

(proof that it doesn't make the back seat useless!)

Sold my mint sport seats, so I had to build a new set for my car out of a bunch of broken ones. Ended up modifying the driver's side sport seat so I could fit in the car with the kirk bar. I cut the foam in half for under my butt and replaced the foam for behind my back with a piece of automotive carpet (all this is under the factory vinyl). This seat came out of a 318ic, which i've heard are lower than coupe counterparts. Anyways, the result is that I can sit comfortably in an e30 with a kirk bar now, something i've never been able to do! (I'm 6'6" btw)

I can almost fit with a helmet with my new sport seat. The helmet was a bit tight, maybe a larger one will sit lower on my head and give me that 1/2" I need.

Tonight I completed a ZHP rack swap (will give an in-depth review after an alignment):

kids remember, safety first.

Last edited by Julien; 11-04-2014, 09:11 PM.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Looking good JuJu!

Car is looking good too

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Looks good Julien! Did you keep the handbrake at the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by xphiledan View Post
          Looks good Julien! Did you keep the handbrake at the rear?
          No, the swap won't let you keep it, but I have a hyndraulic e-brake going in soon.

.. Small update
          Last rack was bad (dead spot in the middle), so the seller swapped me out:

Also installed these from turner:

You insert them on both sides of the rack and it limits the travel to stop your wheels from hitting your wheel well (if you have that issue.. i did)

:mrgreen:
          Overall the late (get '03+) model 330i rack feels freaking amazing, highly recommended. You will more than likely steer into something when you first install it because of how quick of a rack it is :)
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Sometimes you gotta do a mod that is just for decoration.. Which brings me to tonights project: french my headlights. Having lived in france and taken many "french" ellipsoids apart I know that the yellow is only a coating on the inside of the lens (often removed by frenchines, actually).

step 1:
            Remove ellips from car

step 2:
            remove lenses from ellips (usually you have to bake them in the oven, but mine popped right off)

step 3:
            paint the inside of the lense with this stuff
            step 4:
            Reassemble lenses back to ellips using a new silicone-like sealer

step 5:
            fire the missiles

step 6:
            reinstall them in the middle of the night and get weird looks from your neighbors

cheers

gonna do fogs soon.
            Build Threads:

Comment

So I sold this car and lived a whole few weeks without a project car... until I bought a miata
              Build Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                So I sold this car and lived a whole few weeks without a project car... until I bought a miata
                How does a giant fit inside a miata?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  How does a giant fit inside a miata?
                  with conviction
                  Build Threads:

Comment

Working...
                  X