M3 E30's having a little face-off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digitalwave
    I can't say as though I like where you have taken the cabrio visually, it looked a lot better when you first got it. Koseis are so bland, and the black skunk stripe you have going across the middle is a pretty poor solution to adding contrast I think. If the hood and spoiler were white it would look better but the factory matte finish up the hardtop looks better than the gloss that you painted it. Then again, I never understood the purpose of a hardtop on a cabrio, especially in warm California. Why not just rock a coupe?
    Well, I am not totally set on the look the car has right now. I want to do something a bit different, I just need more time to pull it off. I am focused on the mechanicals now to get all the turbo goodies up and running as I want them (tubular manifold, water/methonal injection, more boost, mls headgasket, ect). The top was already painted Gloss black like you see it now. I have thought about painting it white or flat black, I just can't decide. I hate the soft top when it is up, so the hardtop is staying until the weather is steady at a warm temp, then it will go into storage for a few months.
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I like the 19's, you really have to see them in person as the pics make them look much larger than they are.
    Cramer- I am running 235/35/19 fronts and 265/30/19 rears.

About the S/C-- It will be custom as Dinan never made a S/C for the S14. I plan to use a blower from their E36 325i or M3 kit and make a custom bracket for it. I will need water injection, a thinner headgasket, swap out the schrick cams and install my MAP-ECU Setup that is sitting here right now... It will be 6mo before anything is finished, but I hope for 300RWHP out of the S14, which I think is possible at 13PSI with water injection...
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
    iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
    sigpic

Comment

I love the M3, it's HOT. The cabrio has so many themes going on it is hard to concentrate on it :D are you planning to paint the hardtop and the hood? It def needs some other rims (BBS please) but M-Techs are cool!

As far as the supercharger on the s14, why not just put euro s50b32 (321 HP stock and crazy torgue) and be done with it? In the end it will be the same amount of money and less headache, more reliable 2, ship the car to Rui and I will take care of it here for you

Comment

Originally posted by vlad
        I love the M3, it's HOT. The cabrio has so many themes going on it is hard to concentrate on it :D are you planning to paint the hardtop and the hood? It def needs some other rims (BBS please) but M-Techs are cool!

As far as the supercharger on the s14, why not just put euro s50b32 (321 HP stock and crazy torgue) and be done with it? In the end it will be the same amount of money and less headache, more reliable 2, ship the car to Rui and
        I will take care of it here for you
        I want to stay with the S14 for now. I have spent a lot of time/money on this motor already and it is pretty fresh with only 14k miles on the 2.5L build-up. I can do the S/C for under $2k so it is hardly cheaper to do a S50B32 at this time. Maybe in the future, I would have Rui source one out for me, but as far as install goes, I would do it all myself. When did you move back to the wrong coast? I thought you were in SF, what happened to your shop? Send me a PM.
        '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
        sigpic

Comment

How does water injection work?
          E30 325i 1990 (Winter beater)
          E36 M3/4/5 1997 (Futur IP car?)
          BMW Club of Quebec

Comment

See www.coolingmist.com that is the kit I bought and it will and it will answer your questions
            '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
            sigpic

Comment

Looking good Ryan.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Your cabby is soooooooo hot. The M3 is nice too ;)

-Dan
                never enough money...

'95 240sx base - RB25DET in progress
                '87 325ic - Project daily

Comment

Working...
                X