Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back into the swing of things

Hey everyone,

I have been signed up on this site since 2008 and used it as a good reference to search for maintenance tips / DIY's for my daily driven e30 but never was an active member.

Since my car reached 250,000 miles recently, I am starting to become more involved in building out some work that I am going to do for a mild refresh / rebuild since she has started showing signs of old age.

I'm always amazed about the wealth of knowledge on this site so i'm excited to start getting more into the modification of this car instead of just maintaining it.

Here are a few photos of how the car sits now. The only modifications that were done throughout the years were H&R OEM sport springs, Bilstein struts/shocks, and M3 CAB's. Other than that, everything else went towards general maintenance. The car sees 400+ miles a week in driving so that will be a big factor when deciding on upcoming mods.

Have a good one,
    Justin

SuperETA... nice. Car is very clean, but something about the bodycolored vents and black fog light blanks looks odd to me.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        SuperETA... nice. Car is very clean, but something about the bodycolored vents and black fog light blanks looks odd to me.
        Yeah...that is definitely on the to-do list. It was one of the instances that a rock broke one of the fog lights on a highway commute and just decided to put some blanks in for a interim solution until I got around to fixing the fogs.

Starting to acquire some parts now to get ready for a new makeover.

Comment

Makes sense why the blanks are in there. Are you going to cover the new fogs with a 3M protectant laminix or something? Curious to see how those old school wheels will look. Ronals, right? Personally, I would add some drop hats for the front. Late models always have the problem of having a reverse rake look to them, the drophats will drop the front a tiny bit more.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Makes sense why the blanks are in there. Are you going to cover the new fogs with a 3M protectant laminix or something? Curious to see how those old school wheels will look. Ronals, right? Personally, I would add some drop hats for the front. Late models always have the problem of having a reverse rake look to them, the drophats will drop the front a tiny bit more.
            Yep, definitely planning on putting some 3M on the lenses when I re-install for some additional preventative maintenance.

As for the Ronal's, they are in rough shape right now so i'm going to start the process of refinishing them this weekend. I definitely agree on drop hats eventually for the car. I won't be putting the wheels on until the suspension upgrades come in.

At the moment, i'm leaning towards IE3's with front drop hats along with the usual upgrades to freshen the car up (sway bars, tie rods, new bushings, etc.)

Comment

Working...
            X