Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Well its been a while since I've updated this here thread. Some pics to get your mouth watering, and then I can tell you about what I've been doing.

Took her to a car show ;)

In short, she's been keeping me happy, and I've been trying to keep her happy. I've done a lot of small things lately, fender rust repair, painted the valve cover, changed VC gasket, and rocker shaft plugs. New air filter, changed the oil (rotella 15w40, Napa gold filter), changed the spark plugs (copper core). Pulled the cluster and changed the bulb that was out, bought all kinds of new plastic interior clips and little detail things like that... Fixed a lot of the cabin squeaks. Changed the rear shocks (just used Monroe's... Lifetime warranty, cheap, good for a DD. Re-wired the stereo... It sounds better, but I really wish I had a stock deck. Oh, and I replaced both front and rear swaybar bushings with poly. My most recent project to date has been overhauling the brake system. I replumbed the entire rear end with all new copper nickel line, and new soft hoses.

And that's about it! Dying the parcel shelf is next! Stay tuned!!

--Mike
    Last edited by 15Michaeljoseph; 08-03-2015, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Thanks guys, I'll try!

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• CirrusblauS52
    replied
    Nice unit man. Keep up the good work. :)

Leave a comment:

• animal
    replied
    Sweet - I love these early stages of a new pickup - lot of work but makes such a huge difference!

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    15Michaeljoseph's '87 325is

I'd like to give an update on the car, and share some of my latest projects on it.
    For those of you who didn't see my numerous 'help me' threads a couple months back, I was loosing coolant at a pretty advanced rate and neither my mechanic nor me could find a leak. Then I did an oil analysis. long and short of it is I had a crack in the block, and needed a new engine. Welp, it was a very expensive fix, but hell, that's what after school and summer jobs are for right?! Anyhow, just got her back tonight, and this car feels like a monster now! She pulls like a one sick puppy. only time will reveal if this engine takes okay, and what I'll have to fix on it. Downside is, this new engine is dirty as hell, so I know I'll be putting in some quality time with the simple green and a brush. and I'm thinking about painting the valve cover orange. We'll see how that turns out.

Aaaanny way, Here's what I've been up to:

-Plasti-dipped my heckspoiler (black)

-Plasti-dipped my yellowed plastic windshield and rear window surrounds. (black)

-Rebuilt the throttle body, new gaskets, screws, heater cover.

- found holes in the floor, in those little squares behind the front wheels. Someone mistook them as jacking points aparently and caused rust and a hole on each side. No evidence inside the car however, so I'm not mad. ground the rust, patched the holes with screen and jb weld, and then bondo to smooth it out. Painted with rustoleum flat black, then rubber undercoat.

-Painted rockers with rustoleum flat black.

-Took the rest of my rubber undercoating and hit much of the undercarriage and rear fender wells (washed real good first).

-Changed the O2 sensor. What a PITA to remove.

-Added simple keyless entry, omega rec-43t kit. locks, unlocks. two buttons, low profile remote, one happy camper.

-Replaced driver's side tail light (Thanks MoBrighta!) the original had a rusty blinker reflector.

Been driving and enjoying. sorry for no new pics, I can't upload off my phone any more, gotta do it on the computer. Starting my winterizing, going to pack fender arches with anti-seize lube, give everything a nice wax (in door jambs and such) and spray some of the underbody with wd-40. I want to keep this car nice.

Anyway, keeping it stock as always.

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    15Michaeljoseph's '87 325is

Originally posted by Mike30e View Post
    Looking very nice! Post up some interior shots... Nice boards, do you get them that nice looking? How'd you do it?
    Well to be honest I haven't really done anything except wax! I think they come with a clearcoat from the factory no?

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
    Diving board boiz we out chea :grin:
    I don't understand the infatuation with plastic, I think the glint of the DB's adds a little bit of classic car glitz to the frame you know?

Anyway, We'll call these pics a teaser because I just went out and took some in the full sun of the morning lol. sorry. better pics to come I promise.

Used WipeNew on the seat belt catch buttons... highly reccomend to get rid of the 'pinkish' look

modified the vintage sony HU to illumimate red, and not show a clock ;)

(This is before I did the anti-clock 'mod')

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• yungmike
    replied
    Diving board boiz we out chea :grin:

Leave a comment:

• PogiMonster
    replied
    Clean, looks pretty mint!

Leave a comment:

• Mike30e
    replied
    Looking very nice! Post up some interior shots... Nice boards, do you get them that nice looking? How'd you do it?

Leave a comment:

• K20RI_211
    replied
    Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
    Thanks guys! shocks are coming up, probably bilsteins all around... I wonder if the 'lifetime guarantee' still applies 28 years later ;), springs...maybe sometime, I don't really want to lower her, I like to keep it stock. Interior shots coming soon!

--Mike
    Not a bad position to take. The 1987 IS in stock form is hard to come by - and yours looks like a survivor. Enjoy her.

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Thanks guys! shocks are coming up, probably bilsteins all around... I wonder if the 'lifetime guarantee' still applies 28 years later ;), springs...maybe sometime, I don't really want to lower her, I like to keep it stock. Interior shots coming soon!

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    Looks good! I love a clean 87 iS.

Leave a comment:

• bradthreee
    replied
    Looking fresh!

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    That's super clean. Agreed with fresh_TD... springs and shocks wouldn't hurt though.

Leave a comment:

• fresh_TD
    replied
    Man..That's a really nice start..I wouldn't do much more to it then maintenance

Sent from my Samsung Note 3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X