No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got off the phone with IE and I guess this is good info for all - oem and their adjustable fpr don't have backflow prevention.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    "It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Originally posted by E30Bastard View Post
      Just got off the phone with IE and I guess this is good info for all - oem and their adjustable fpr don't have backflow prevention.

That's good to know. I wanna know someone who's fuel pump actually primes. I've never heard mine do it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

M20 fuel pumps don't prime. Only the M42 does that. That's controlled by the DME anyway, not the pump.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My fuel pump kicks only while the engine is cranking. Confirmed. I believe this is correct operation!

Fuel rail to stay pressurized for quick start. If pump primes and engine runs great it must be air leak in fuel system!

"It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

I got some freshy fresh front bumper struts for the front plastic bumper coversion.

My only question is, how does everyone does with settling the bumper lining with the wheel arch? I can't push the bumper cover deep enough against the car to get this to line up.

Thanks.

Comment

So. You are not going to do anything about that rust?
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                So. You are not going to do anything about that rust?
                [emoji23] of course, just not right now. Spring I'll be tackling a handful of rust spots that need to be POR15'd. It's been in the 20s for at least the whole year.

Comment

You need some euroweaves
                  Originally posted by Sonny
                  I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                    You need some euroweaves
                    Dude there is so much need. LoL

Comment

I would go with ix weaves if you can find them. Euroweaves just rub too much. I use a 15mm spacer with mine (mostly just to clear my wheel studs), and it's pretty nice.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        I would go with ix weaves if you can find them. Euroweaves just rub too much. I use a 15mm spacer with mine (mostly just to clear my wheel studs), and it's pretty nice.
                        My summer wheels are Euroweaves, they don't rub at all with 205/55 r15 tires..
                        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I'll be doing suspension before I go down the route of new wheels. A good segway to my question though... when it comes to rear subframe bushing, i've read that if i lower the car i don't need to worry about the subframe differences. Is this true? what rear subframe bushing do you have in there? Is your rear differential still offset?

Comment

If you lower the car I would switch to a RWD bushing. it's good for about 1/2 degree of camber. I have a centered bushing IIRC, with the Z3M diff cover, but I think the ix bushing is centered too. Instead, I spaced down my diff a bit with some washers, but that's probably not really necessary.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

If you lower the car I would switch to a RWD bushing. it's good for about 1/2 degree of camber. I have a centered bushing IIRC, with the Z3M diff cover, but I think the ix bushing is centered too. Instead, I spaced down my diff a bit with some washers, but that's probably not really necessary.
                              The stock ix bushing is maybe 10mm offset. I'm sure that's to compensate for the increase to the subframe and match up the geometry. So if I were to lower the car, that would shift that geometry and I suppose more with different bushings on the subframe.

So I guess the conclusion is regular RWD rear subframe bushings are completely fine assuming you'd be lowering the car anyway, right? I honestly think it affects the angle of the rear diff most of all.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
                                My summer wheels are Euroweaves, they don't rub at all with 205/55 r15 tires..
                                maybe at stock ride height, but even slightly lowered, they rub like mad.

Source: I ran euro weaves on my ix for years and years, starting in like 2004. I sold them because I got tired of them rubbing all the time.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X