Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bay Area 1988 Alpinweiss II 325is

Hello Rev Members,

I've been hesitant to start a thread about the E30 I own, but I gave in haha. So here it goes!

Apologies about the Instagram photo quality and the mix and match of small and large photos sizes! The story I'm covering in this thread will be about my 8 month span from owning my first e30 which was the 87 to my current 88.

Growing up, I was never really exposed to cars, aside from being inside or driving one. I didn't find myself getting into the scene or even hung out with other car fanatics or enthusiasts. I was all about basketball, skateboarding and playing music. Let's fast forward to my junior year of high school, I drove in one of my friend's cousin's Cosmo Black 95 E36 M3. I wasn't even passenger, I was in the back seat lol, but I was like damn, I want a BMW. Didn't have set plans on an E36, but just a BMW. Next thing you know, any BMW fascinated me and got me excited seeing it on the road.

I'm sure everyone has their own unique moment of finding their E30 here, but mine was seeing it through Frank Ocean's "nostalgia, ULTRA." album. Don't laugh haha, but hey I'm a DJ and I was digging for new music. That moment for me was "THE ONE", where it pretty much told me, thats the BMW I want. I have to get that. Being a college student, my expenses were unable to raise that high to afford E30 M3, so I settled searching for the 325is.

After several months of searching, I bought my first E30:

1987 Alpinweiss 325is - $1,500

As much as I would love for this to be manual, unfortunately being a guy who was never exposed to cars and never paid much attention until recently, the e30 I'm introducing now and also my 88 is automatic. I don't know many people with stick shift and who would not only have the patience, but the willingness to offer their car for practice. I did consider taking outside car lessons to learn. Regardless of my car being an automatic, I can't say that I'm enjoying the fullness of the e30, but I am enjoying what I have.

The Car Above:
    Automatic
    Black Sports Leather Interior
    Tinted
    Aftermarket 16 Reps
    Depo Halo Headlights
    Euro Grill and Kidney
    Euro License Plate Filler
    Uncracked Dash
    Ebay Aftermarket Tail lights
    HELLA Fog lamps, Unmounted (Not factory, but a different model. Not sure)
    New Timing Belt + Water Pump
    Broken ODO
    Unknown Retrofitted Side Skirts
    Annoying Loud Rice Dual Tip Exhaust

Despite the minor flaws, the car was in great shape and the engine response and power was all there. Did not give me any problems at all since my ownership.

Did a few things, now that it belonged to me:
    Took it to get it steamed clean.

I may not know a lot of mechanical work on cars, but my Dad did teach me how to upkeep and maintain a car.

Changed:
    Oli
    Oil filter
    Air Filter
    New Intake Boot
    Cleaned air box and ICV
    New Spark Plugs + Wires
    New Distributor Cap + Rotor
    Power Steering Flush and Fill

Some Exterior Touch Ups:
    Painted Front and Rear Bumpers
    Basketweaves (PO glued BBS caps)
    Clear Side Markers
    Smoked Turn Signals
    Mounted HELLA Fog Lights
    Front Bumper Filler

Rear Bumper Tuck
    Painted IS Spoiler Black

Some random shots I took with the Halos:

Cardinal
    Front Leather Sports Seats
    Door Cards
    Rear "Back Bench", he didnt have the lower bench piece

Found this all on craigslist and it was up for $300. Drove to South Side San Francisco, chopped it up with the seller about the cars and then his Dad come out. Asked if I was filipino, I responded Yes and told his Dad to sell it to me for $100. I was really caught off guard, but kept my mouth shut LOL. The driver sides were re-upholstered, doesn't quite match the rest of the seat with the aged look, but can't argue with the set for $100.

HELLA Euro Smiley Ellipsoids w/ Lamin-X Film on Highs:

This will do for now! I'll write more about my story tomorrow, when school and work is finished haha.

Again, thank you all for your time reading this! A lot of people here on R3V are really helpful and I appreciate everyone who has helped me thus far!
    Last edited by Eufonik; 08-08-2015, 07:56 AM.

Instagram @prsvere88
    Transaction Feedback

These are some photos I took with my FujiFilm X100 and an iPhone with another e30 owner after selling some door cards.

Instagram @prsvere88
    Transaction Feedback

Comment

Looking forward to hearing more! Is this your daily??

Comment

Originally posted by Club Dirty View Post
        Looking forward to hearing more! Is this your daily??
        Thank you! My current 88 is my daily, but I also have a 2007 Honda Fit haha.

Instagram @prsvere88
        Transaction Feedback

Comment

Are those brand new hella fogs?
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post

Those fogs were brand new when I first purchased the car. These are not the fogs that usually come with the valance. The fogs in the photos didn't come with the mounting backing, so I made my own to mount them into the valance.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Instagram @prsvere88
            Transaction Feedback

Comment

If you look at the photos above beside the other e30, mine are completely different HELLA model fogs.

Instagram @prsvere88
              Transaction Feedback

Comment

Ya I see they are not OEM. Didn't know if they were polished or the lenses swapped or if Hella still makes a lamp that fits to the cow catcher.
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Ya I see they are not OEM. Didn't know if they were polished or the lenses swapped or if Hella still makes a lamp that fits to the cow catcher.

I'm not sure if they still make lamps and I tried looking for the specific model or part number for the fogs I had in. I attached weather stripping around the lamp, so that it would properly fill the insert, mounted my own brackets and it worked out great.

Instagram @prsvere88
                  Transaction Feedback

Comment

You got that off CL? The white one? Which CL? Looks like one that was for sale in humboldt a few months ago that I missed out on buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Haystack View Post
                      You got that off CL? The white one? Which CL? Looks like one that was for sale in humboldt a few months ago that I missed out on buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This car is currently down, I never got the chance to finish up my thread. This car got into a rear end accident by a lady, who was texting. I'll get to write about this soon haha. I currently drive an 88 AW II 325is. But to answer your question, this was bought from sfbay.craigslist and this car was located in Campbell, Ca.

Instagram @prsvere88
                      Transaction Feedback

Comment

nicely done. I wish I could find those crimson sport seats for mine. Everything but the seats are in perfect condition. The seats though are just terrible... Red is so hard to find though.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          nicely done. I wish I could find those crimson sport seats for mine. Everything but the seats are in perfect condition. The seats though are just terrible... Red is so hard to find though.
                          Thank you! I'm really satisfied with cardinal seats and door cards. Keep an eye out, you'll get a hold of them eventually. I just got really lucky with the timing finding a set. How bad are the seats?

Instagram @prsvere88
                          Transaction Feedback

Comment

cool story, good looking car.

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X