Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dadsbmw
    replied
    I dont get this obsession with having undersized tires. The car would look so much better with tires that actually fill the wheel well

Leave a comment:

• shameson
    replied
    Great weather here in PNW so I've gotten to drive it a lot. Which also reminds me of all the things I have to fix...

Good news is I'm finally getting started on the interior. Took off the airbag wheel and installed the 3-spoke sport wheel which cleaned up quite nicely. Also recently picked up late model black sports seats and matching rear seat w/ headrests. Already have black door cards so all I need to do is get new black carpeting and the conversion will be complete.

Some recent pics:

Leave a comment:

• shameson
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    car looks great dude
    Thanks! Still far from perfect but I'm working on it

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    car looks great dude

Leave a comment:

• shameson
    replied
    Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
    Beautiful alpine! It's usually the small items you don't think about that are the issue. Good to see it back on the road.
    Thanks! Ya, in the back of my head I had an idea it was something small

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    What did you use to paint the "bmw" on the mud flaps white?
    It was rust-oleum protective enamel. It's oil based so it holds up really nice on the rubber. I applied it last summer and I haven't needed to reapply any

Leave a comment:

• Blitzkrieg
    replied
    What did you use to paint the "bmw" on the mud flaps white?

Leave a comment:

• ian e30 318is
    replied
    Beautiful alpine! It's usually the small items you don't think about that are the issue. Good to see it back on the road.

Leave a comment:

• shameson
    replied
    The car is officially back on the road! Turns out the new cam and cranks were faulty, either were shorted out, were wrong part number or something. Put the old ones back in and viola. Thanks to bmwm42 for having to the idea to think backwards after I had almost given up. Something so simple and it took me this long to figure it out..

Gave her the last emissions and as well as a through washing
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	7173803

Leave a comment:

• EuroChriz
    replied
    very nice bro!

Leave a comment:

• shameson
    replied
    Thanks guys!

Buttoned up the car yesterday after putting the AFM back on and the new coils in place. After clearing the oil and fuel build up from starting and stopping it a lot it still is dying. Switched the fuel relay and the one next to it and magically stayed at idle for 30 seconds.

Soo.. After testing my AFM on a different buddy's car and verifying it works fine, thinking it's a fuel issue now. Going to replace the relays Monday with new ones, then do the fuel pump if I need to.

Leave a comment:

• HarteB
    replied
    I like your style .. great looking car ;)

Leave a comment:

• frolf
    replied
    +1 to Alpine sedans!

Leave a comment:

• 949cruiser
    replied
    keep posting

Leave a comment:

• shameson
    replied
    Finally got the last of the new hoses/clamps delivered and laid out. Tore out and replaced any and all stiff and crappy (probably original) hoses, a few had already been replaced and were still good.

Found this on the underside of one of the air hoses I was already replacing. If I thought the top had looked bad, I certainly thought again. This is vacuum leak 101 right here

New coils come in tomorrow, so those will go on and all I have to do is drop the airbox back in. Crossing my fingers!

Leave a comment:

• shameson
    replied
    Originally posted by animal View Post
    Wow - your m42 is looking really pretty in that engine bay!
    Originally posted by AlpineWeissIIE30 View Post
    Clean keep it up!
    Thanks guys! I'm trying to bring it back

Leave a comment:

Working...
X