Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobie Here

Hello Everyone,

New to the site and new to road going E30's. I have been racing an e30 for about five years now. I stumbled upon the 24 hours of Lemons while in Law school and decided I had to do it so a buddy and I bought an 89 325i sedan. Raced it for a couple of years until it was too beat up and built another race car but this time a 89 325i coupe. Prior to building the first race car I knew very little about e30's. I sure as shit did not know how capable they were. For our first race we literally finished the car the day of and rolled it on the track with pretty much all the bushings and mounts rotted out. Car lasted 21 out of 24 hours with the entire driveline noticeably swaying from side to side. The car still handled incredibly well even though the entire wheel would violently shimmy every time I hit the brakes due to the rotted out control arm bushings.

Since then though I've been in love. I bought an 89 325is last year but the car was too far gone and I was too busy with work to rebuild it. I recently found a 1987 325e that I bought off a friend I know from racing. He's a good guy so I knew he would sell me a decent car. It still needs some work, but it has essentially taken over as my daily driver. Car has condor speed shop bushings and mounts throughout. Power steering delete, is lip, houndstooth interior. I have a lot of plans. I am going to bring the car to the body shop soon to fix some small rust patches and add euro bumpers. Then I plan on doing the 2.8 stroker. Already have a set of houndstooth sport seats in the mail to replace the tattered houndstooth standard seats. Anyhow, enough talking and on with the pics. If there is anyone on this board from the South Florida area with tips and pointers it would be appreciated. I have some electrical gremlins to work out. On the race car there are no accessories so nothing to fix, but with all their accessories these cars can be tricky little buggers.

I thought this is a cool picture. Perfect example of bloat.

Last edited by Snowflake87; 10-03-2014, 08:11 AM. Reason: adding a pic

clean looking car! fyi the IS cowcatcher wont work with the euro bumps, but dont let that stop you. euro bumps are awesome
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Wonderful. Well this complicates things. So I'm guessing I just have to find the proper airdam?

Oh, and thank you for the kind words!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake87 View Post
        Wonderful. Well this complicates things. So I'm guessing I just have to find the proper airdam?

Oh, and thank you for the kind words!
        Nah, stick to the plan. You can sell the cowcatcher or trade (+cash on their end) it for a "e" front lip that will attach to the early model valence. Its a good looking combo with the euro bumps.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Cool ride man! What are some of the electrical issues you're having>

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Nah, stick to the plan. You can sell the cowcatcher or trade (+cash on their end) it for a "e" front lip that will attach to the early model valence. Its a good looking combo with the euro bumps.
          +1 I even have an early model "e" lip I'm willing to trade. Plus I'm local :devil:

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Working...
          X