X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice cars man.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

ohhh my! Beautiful vert! wow! i am speechless!!
      sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
      1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
      1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
      1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
      (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
      1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
      2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
      2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Nice ix man.. I have a Royalblau Metallic ix touring, that's also looks a little purpleish in the sun

Sent from my Samsung Note 4
        '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
        '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

looks great. Did you add enough anti-seize on the driveshaft? lol.

Comment

Will be putting these on my 325iX for the summer. What do you think, I am hoping that these might be a keeper? Offset at 30 and 7,5" wide should be okay (at least a bit better than Hartge's ET25 with 7,5"), of course meaning less of a lip than ordinarily with Borbet's, though. But that's iX. Still wondering why the hell did I sell the Hartge's. ALPINAs, ok, but not quite the same. And neither the AC Schnitzer's (that I also tried).

I have no idea when they ended Borbet Type B's, but I managed to find one set *new*.

Last edited by H-M; 03-21-2016, 02:28 PM.
            --
            My 325iX

Comment

Soo Clean

Comment

I truly dig those borbets

Sent from my payphone using Tapatalk
                1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                1967 2002 parts car
                1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Just a couple of photos, currently with original iX 14,3" wheels and ORIGINAL Michelin TDX.. Waiting for some new wheels currently as the Borbet's did not fit and needed to be sold (brake caliper hitting the spokes in the front). One pic of and e34 handbrake lever and OEM e30 leather handbrake boot. Really does it for me as the original plastic thing is plain ugly and uncomfortable for a grip.

For a while I was with one e30 but another is on the way. Next week I'll get a "80 thousand miles from the new" brillantrot 318iS. Pretty excited! (two pics below, hope the previous owner don't mind reusing his pics...)

--
                  My 325iX

Comment

Got the 318iS. And proper wheels for 325iX as well. Someone might regard me as crazy for getting rid of the e36 ALPINA B3 for e30 318iS. But the iS IS SO MUCH FUN. Still waiting for a set of Style 5's, though. Compomotives don't do it for me even if they don't suck that much either any more :)

--
                    My 325iX

Comment

I don't understand, these cars had to be cryogenically frozen and recently thawed... very nice. You have a great collection!

Comment

Congrats on the 318is, looks great!
                        Current
                        BMW M3 2006 ZCP 6-Speed Manual T.Silver/M-Texture Alcantara
                        BMW 325iX 1988 5-Speed Manual Red/Black

Past
                        BMW M3 2003 SMGII T.Silver/Black *SOLD*

Comment

I love all your cars mate, perfectly kept examples.

History preservation!
                          Boris - 89 E30 325i
                          84- E30 323i

Comment

Thank you everyone :)

Does anybody have an idea where to get this fabric with diagonal stripes? I have tried most of the upholstery shops on the web. The best I have obtained is the 4 cylinder version where the diagonal stripes go to the other direction (and sold that today after thinking about mounting it for two years - decided that no even if it is close). And please don't comment that turn the cloth - the "threading" is supposed to go top-down instead of left-right so it cannot be turned 90 deg. 6 cylinder one differs from the 4 cyl. I also would welcome separate cushion parts of the sport seat with the original fabric..

I will offer a small PayPal prize for whoever pointing me to right direction (=cloth in perfect condition for sale).

BTW, I found another set of AC Schnitzers and decided to replace Borbet C. Center caps not installed on the Schnitzers in the pic below, but got them as well. I think that the Borbets will end up for sale. They are offset +30 so they do fit iX quite nicely.

I also decided to buy new Hella headlights :) (not installed in the picture yet). Does anyone have an idea on whether it is possible to lower only the front of an iX like 0,5" without replacing the springs or cutting them? Or would you cut half a coil off the springs?

Last edited by H-M; 09-16-2016, 01:15 PM.
                            --
                            My 325iX

Comment

Originally posted by H-M View Post
                              Thank you everyone :)

Does anybody have an idea where to get this fabric with diagonal stripes? I have tried most of the upholstery shops on the web. The best I have obtained is the 4 cylinder version where the diagonal stripes go to the other direction (and sold that today after thinking about mounting it for two years - decided that no even if it is close). And please don't comment that turn the cloth - the "threading" is supposed to go top-down instead of left-right so it cannot be turned 90 deg. 6 cylinder one differs from the 4 cyl. I also would welcome separate cushion parts of the sport seat with the original fabric..

I will offer a small PayPal prize for whoever pointing me to right direction (=cloth in perfect condition for sale).

BTW, I found another set of AC Schnitzers and decided to replace Borbet C. Center caps not installed on the Schnitzers in the pic below, but got them as well. I think that the Borbets will end up for sale. They are offset +30 so they do fit iX quite nicely.

I also decided to buy new Hella headlights :) (not installed in the picture yet). Does anyone have an idea on whether it is possible to lower only the front of an iX like 0,5" without replacing the springs or cutting them? Or would you cut half a coil off the springs?

I know a guy;-).. I had the same interior in my ix touring. He re did my front seats. Came out great

'91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                              '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

I could not believe it - seat covers were available from BMW?!?! And all this time I had been hunting for them around the world. But yes - and only for silbergrau 0270. Not cheap, but I did not even have to think twice. Happy! :)

--
                                My 325iX

Comment

Working...
                                X