Schwartz Facelift 87is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't find out how to embed the first start video but here it is

Last edited by departeg; 05-06-2015, 07:05 AM.
    sigpicGrind it till you find it.

Comment

you got some sexy seats and matching door cards. Me likey

Comment

It's been a while since I updated this thread. Been building more of a racecar since I've done the swap. Shortly after the thread was complete, right around the time I got my exhaust the car began overheating. It was quickly realized that the head gasket was shot. I paid a friend close to $2k to redo the head gasket and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. He uncovered all types of ghetto rigging in the engine which we meticulously unfucked. Now the car runs better than ever and is more than ready for the track.
        Race or rice?

Nola Bimmers salute

Picked up a tune from RK programmed for the pink top injectors, 3.5" MAF, m50 manifold. Really came up on this, friend said the tune was garbage so he tossed it in the trash, I asked him for it and RK tunes said they would retune it for free just to prove his tunes were good and he was right, this thing was definitely worth the money if I had to pay for it.

my Oger mechanic, iliad on R3V and the founder of Nola Bimmers, swap extraordinaire from turbo m20s, to m50/s52, s38, and now s54. He is the man!

my favorite shot

that low low

yours truly

if you don't look back at your car when you park it you have the wrong car

Get that growl under control. $300 9th ward special

Department of Public works likes my car so much they want to sell it for scrap at their next auction. F New Orleans DPW!

I got my racecar a big brother, 550i M sport

Garagistic Strut Brace to set it off

Reppin the home team

This is why you never buy Uro hoses, replaced this hose with OEM.

How I have to work every time I do something on my car, no offstreet parking means watch your legs!

Added the Ryan G splitter for that downforce

New tire/wheel setup Tirerack brand C1 15x8 square on BF Goodrich Rival S 225/45/15. Sticky as honey

Got some rx7 brake caliper adapters on the cheap. High grade lightweight aluminum

Time to paint the rx7 calipers

What color you say, well with black wheels I only had one choice, Porsche Birch green

And since this will be a track/autox setup I had to get some racing brake pads

Pads installed

And if I'm going to be racing off course I need to upgrade the front sway bar to an H&R 25mm

New vs Old, the H&R feels alot more beefier

And if I upgrade the steering, tires, and wheels well I gotta upgrade the seats, went went 2 Corbeau Microsuede Forzas and 2 Cipher 5 point harnesses. My coworker checks the fit.

And if I upgrade the seats I gotta upgrade the Tach, look at this boring thing

Last edited by departeg; 02-15-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

And I gotta add Innovative Goods shift lights

Mucho bueno

And well, if you upgrade the tach you gotta upgrade the springs, old Bilstein sports pictured

If you upgrade the springs you gotta get the H&R race setup

And if you upgrade the springs you gotta update the brake lines to BMA stainless steel lines

And you gotta go with the 280mm Meyle Rotors to match

Sometimes it's good to upgrade parts because you see what all the streets of New Orleans broke

I got everything installed and then this happened, tie rod bolt stripped so I gotta order new ones and bleed the brakes and this puppy will be ready to roll.

Ordered new 4 point roll cage from Kirk Racing in B'ham and as soon as that gets in I'll install the seats and harness. I also have shifter bushings from Garagistic to clean up my shifter and plan on completing the murdered out look with tint and Smoked Hellas but first things first...

Comment

Working...
          X