No announcement yet.

1990 Brilliantrot 318is from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. I haven't had much time to post in the past month with work being a bit crazy.

This has also meant I haven't really had any time to work on the car either. Aside from replacing the stereo from a terrible old thing that skipped like crazy. That was a bit of fun for a Saturday afternoon.

Here is a shot of the interior in better light.

Under those nondescript seat covers are a set of reasonably good condition Recaros out of another e30. The original comfort seats came with the car when I bought it.

A couple of other things that the car has had done to it by the PO/s:

- Remus exhaust
    - Schrick cams
    - Conforti chip
    - Bilstein suspension in the rear, Boge suspension in the front.
    - Polk Splits in the front, 4 inch polks on the rear parcel shelf.

In the first month of ownership i have been super happy and driving this car is an absolute dream, but as you would expect with any 24 year old car, I have found a couple of other little things to address.

There is some small spots of rust in the sunroof rails that I am going to sort out over the holidays. I am actually really looking forward to this, It is a bit of a blessing that the place that i get to practice doing rust repair is out of sight unless you look for it.

Also with the crazy summer storms that we have been getting in Queensland, I have found that the trunk is leaking a little bit. After really heavy rain, a little puddle forms on the battery cover. After a bit of inspecting, I think that it is coming through around the tail lights. So I will try to fix this up as soon as i get to the bottom of it.

Here is the engine bay, I am still learning my way around it while studying the hell out of a copy of the Bentley Manual...

Comment

nice....
      pretty clean interior and engine bay
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
      X