No announcement yet.

turbo build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so got some parts today and some pics of the set up all im missing is downpipe, being made, radiator which im wainting on ups guy. and whodwho megasquirt. i should have it next week. and i should be starting the car up im hoping next week

8)8)

Comment

now im not sure what to do about this plug i cant really remember where the center one went to. im blocking off the other two that come from thermostat.

and also do i have to still connect the original 02 sensor to the exhaust and all with megasquirt?
      and what size exhaust should i run on this i seen 3" is that correct or can i run a 2.5"
      8)8)

Comment

run a 3"

Comment

esp if you will run a cat. but 2.5" straight pipe u can get away with but it will restrict u in the long run. 3" will 150-200 more

Comment

i located my GM Open Element IAT Sensor with 6" Pigtail by DIYAutoTune intake side charge pipe before the bov.

8)8)

Comment

list of all parts so far.
              bc coilovers/camber plates.
              front subfamre reinforcement kit
              aluminum motor/tranmition mounts
              rci 10 gallon fuel cell
              1000 aeromotive exteranl fuel pump
              aluminum fuel lines
              aeromotive fpr
              oem fuel rail i welded new ends to fit 8- lines
              60lbs injectors
              whodwho megasquirt
              iat open element sensor
              bride seats
              5 point harness
              innovate mtx-l wide band
              willwood hand brake
              8)8)

Comment

any help with this? i did some research i still didnt find where it goes i cant remember but i believe i can just block it off ? same as the hose from the top of valve cover?helpp
                8)8)

Comment

those wheels look sweet
                  In Marburg kann man sehr gut wohnen.
                  Die Umgebung ist schön mit vielen Wäldern.

Comment

Sorry havent been under the hood of an m20 lately but doesnt that go to the valve cover
                    1988 325is alpine
                    1989 325is zinno RIP
                    1992 325ic alpine
                    1986 325e cirrusblau

Comment

it does go to valve cover imma run it to a atmosphere vent catch can
                      8)8)

Comment

my brother came to help me finish up some of the work on hydraulic ebrake

wheels are on ill take better pics once car runs

down pipe is a 2.5" was thinking of doing the whole echaust 2.5" opinions on weather i should or shouldnt?

8)8)

Comment

was looking at the icv!!! is there a way to bypass this? so i can remove it?or do i have to have it in
                          8)8)

Comment

Originally posted by e30 power View Post

any help with this? i did some research i still didnt find where it goes i cant remember but i believe i can just block it off ? same as the hose from the top of valve cover?helpp
                            Youl could make a block off plate, However I just got some silicon plugs with some small clamps and put them there. Then I looped the throttle body heater coolant lines and tucked them away.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                              Youl could make a block off plate, However I just got some silicon plugs with some small clamps and put them there. Then I looped the throttle body heater coolant lines and tucked them away.
                              yup excatly what im gonna end up doing!
                              8)8)

Comment

Keep the ICV, just weld on a little bung to your charge pipe to have it connect.
                                Get a 3" downpipe and exhaust made. You're leaving a lot on the table by not doing so.
                                My downpipe is 3.5", which might be slightly overkill, but why wouldn't I want the least amount of backpressure possible?

When you have the wideband, you no longer need the stock o2. You splice in the wideband signal wire to the stock o2 harness and ground the rest at the ECU ground and be done with it. MS picks it up from there.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X