X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paging all subs!! :p

Originally posted by GDA View Post
    Totally awesome!

Sounds great on the first drive too. Just a subtle low tone.
    Yes! the car drives fantastic. Unbelievably quiet as well. The rubber weathering strips on the doors are very soft; Softer than my buddies completely restored E30 M3 set (OEM from dealer ~8 months old).

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
    Well, that is what I call a great update:). Car is beautiful!!!
    The front splash guards and brake ducts might be available at the dealer...pretty cheap too. I bought mine for the 85 323i hartge from the dealer.
    Keep up the updates,
    love this car,
    jm
    Yeah, that's the next step. Paint IMHO will be last. That being said, dropping the motor to inspect the clutch, having the intake / VC resprayed / cleaning up the engine bay will be next along side new plastics. I just started back on my 24v E30 so this build will either be on 2nd shift or back burner for a little.

Originally posted by bootlegskate View Post
    looking really good! Installing the front valance made a huge difference. The detailing also !
    Thanks! When the car is really clean, it simply amazing me.

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
    DAMMIT I was going to go out to that show and didnt make it. You need to bring that out to DuPonts show in 2 weeks
    Haha, I've only brought the car out to 3 shows so far. The ding on the driver door eats me up when I do, I feel like it's a huge eyesore for on lookers :(

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
    great job!
    Thanks Kam! And before you ask, yes, i've considered it. Vrroomm Pshhh

Originally posted by Bimmer_man View Post
    Dude that is an amazing restoration. Breathing new life into an amazing car like that. Well done man.
    Thanks, hope I can completely bring her back dur my time with.

Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
    DAAAAAAAAAAM
    I need to read more threads more often!!! How could I miss this...
    Raul Shame on you for not telling me about this hahaha

Man that's a great find!
    Love this car!!!
    Enjoy it!
    Would love to see this in person!
    Moving to FL soon would be nice to do a Photo shoot!!
    I'm always down for a shoot. The guys are always trying to get me to set something up.

Originally posted by Huff View Post
    My on the AC system. Your top bolt isn't bolted in! You should be able to use the stock m30 bracket to get the compressor level with the oil pan. That's what I've done on my m30 swap.. Looks like they did that just to improve the AC lines going to the rear set up. However, if you want to keep that AC location, you could just get new high pressure lines to get it to work.

I should do a pic write up on mine.. All stock locations can be used for the AC system to work.

Also, great car!! I may be bringing my M30 to St. Pete for the Indy race. Would love to see yours.

Cheers
    Everything on the A/C system is fine. Nothing lose, nothing misplaced. I just get it working the other day :) ..And we can all meet up at a future meet, I've met a few R3V'rs over the past few months so far, love the community!

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    I would murder a large village of small children to obtain this car.

Nice find and nice progress.
    How about.. The next time you are in town we'll go for a spin. The children can still live that way yeah? ;)

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
    Back on topic. Are you planning to keep the car OP? Looking better by the day..
    Funny that you ask. Raul knows, I've been approached a few times about the car. Not saying no, but we all know anything can happen.

I mean, ya know, a 911 Turbo shows up tomorrow, we would have major problems

Originally posted by K20RI_211 View Post
    Need moar pics!
    Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
    Am I missing something:). I can not see any pictures:).
    jm
    Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    OP, plz post moar pix. I have teh subscriptshuns for here
    Seriously. Captain Buzz Kill.

More pics as well.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

Update #3

I did want to mention.. Registering this car was a bit fun. The process took probably 40 or so minutes, 5 minutes being actual document transfer and the other 30+ minutes of the DMV having to search their system for the car. Apparently they had to go and operate the old system's database in the back to pull records. Then I get asked: "What is Alpina?; I'm not sure how to enter this in." I state it's a BMW, but not manufactured by BMW

Where do we begin.

Cluster. SI board. Wasn't something I was even thinking of since pretty much all the gauges were working except the coolant temp. Ended buying a new sensor to replace, no dice. That's when I thought about those conniving batteries.

The damage really isn't that bad on the main board.

This is the real problem. I haven't thought of which way I want to go to rectify this. I have batteries to solder, but the circuits are likely compromised.
    Was thinking maybe to order a euro cluster for the board itself? Or have a local company see what they can salvage from this. Thoughts?

Temporarily have one of my good clusters mounted in to monitor temps, mileage, etc. Last thing this car needs is an overheating issue un-noticed.

On a brighter note, the EuroJam event out in Orlando was coming up in a week at the time, and started looking for the "Oh it's just that. I can fix whenever" things.

Both dome lights weren't working, and slowly pulled the light covers to check what the deal was.

The lights looked fine, and had me puzzled for a moment.

Then I thought about sanding the ends for a better contact.

Cleaned up nicely. Wonder if they were the original bulbs haha.

Also, the head light / fogs were not working.

Sucker was blown

Also, can't go show a car off with a log of wood holding the hood up

That following Saturday, I remember how nice it was out. All I could think of was shooting weather. Ended up driving around the outskirts downtown for some pics.

Hopefully you guys approve :coolphoto:

I didn't take many pics at the event, but requested pics from my photog mates, for now this is what I've got.

Morning of EuroJam was a bit chilly. The Alpina ( driving local ) barely reached 1/2 coolant temps while driving.
    By the time my local Bimmer club set out she was at ~1/4 temp cruising speeds on the hwy. Guess I'll check the thermostat in the near future.

Poppa doc with the pose

Man gotta appreciate this build. OBD II S52 Swapped E30 as a daily. I believe it's posted on the site as well. Extremely clean car.

The E30 scene out here isn't anything like the meets and gatherings have out West. I wish I could come out to an event just to experience it all.

Since the car hasn't been out lately, I asked my buddy with an E30 M3 to come out for a few snaps.
    These were being held for the July 4th weekend, but a little sneak peak should hurt
    -Oh, and the Cali is a new recruit

(On this night, there may, or may not have been a staging of Aplina vs. E30 M3 vs. E36 328i. And on this night there may or may not have been an extremely upset OBD II owner on both accounts. M3 = 4.10, Alpina = 2.93(?); M3 20 win, Alpina 40 win)
    328i never even had their car (rip paul)

Florida sun is killer. It's hot. It's humid. So the other day we wanted to try out the A/C system :-)

We noticed the fuse for the blower was bulging when we first got the car. After a replacement, it too soon failed. I had an extra blower motor on the side (as all of us likely horde E30 parts right?) that came handy just in time.

Quick vid of the replacement / locked blower motor

Tidying things up

After turning the car / Air con on, the compressor clutch kicked, condenser fan blew, but no cold air. Figured Low amount of free-on would be the culprit. Looking at the low-side connector, the system was still under R12.

Yeah. This actually happened. I died laughing when pops came out with this after digging in a corner of the shop. Wonder how much this stuff would go for today.

Filled her up, compensated a bit for lengthy lines

And the Aplina said, "Let there be A/C!!!"
    ~45-50ºF isn't bad for just adding some free-on.
    My plans are to either re-wire (make it look somewhat more professional with those loose wires) / upgrade that fan on the condenser to something a bit more powerful (or fix the other one that doesn't spin).

I'll see how well the system is pumping one of these weekends when I take a nice drive to the beach or something. :pimp:
    Last edited by EulB30; 08-13-2015, 10:20 AM.
    sigpic
    Alpina B6 2.8/1 Project
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=345025
    Frankenstein Turbo Swap Thread [On Hold]
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255606

Comment

God this just keeps getting better

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

When you decide to paint the Alpina B6. I would order new Alpina B6 2.8 badges and Alpina mud flaps. The prices are not bad threw Mel. Also rear 16x8 Alpina wheels would look nice.
        I love the pics Manny!!!!
        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Those pictures.....

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Nice work on the A/C, you're lucky your ops had some laying around! Those 30lb bottles are selling for $500-$700 on eBay these days.

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
              When you decide to paint the Alpina B6. I would order new Alpina B6 2.8 badges and Alpina mud flaps. The prices are not bad threw Mel. Also rear 16x8 Alpina wheels would look nice.
              :D Thanks! And yes, I would definitely order new badges as i'm missing one, and PO ruined the others. Alpina flaps look soo good! I didn't know I could get that through Mel. I'll have to email him, or visit since he's not to far from me.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
              Nice work on the A/C, you're lucky your ops had some laying around! Those 30lb bottles are selling for $500-$700 on eBay these days.
              Yeah i honestly didn't know we had any, said he paid ~$250+ back in mid to late 90's for them (had purchased a few while R12 was being phazed out).

Can't wait to see how it holds up on a drive.
              sigpic
              Alpina B6 2.8/1 Project

Comment

^^^ I bought my Alpina mud flaps from Mel.
                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

God, I just love this car. Please keep doing what you're doing - and preserve it as a specimen. Such a special story and great to see everything coming back with a little love.

God wiling, I'll be living in FL by this time next year and can see it in person.
                  Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254176

Comment

WOW - was trying to find this thread the other day on my phone - by far my fav build at the moment!

Love all the awesome detailed pics too.

That red diving board from Cali is puckyes - from Sacramento - she is running our deep dish motorsport wheel - and has driven that car all across the country more than once with it! :ST1G:
                    91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                    ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                      Wish they would make some new 16x8... Been waiting forever for alpina to produce some!

Comment

Very clean pictures, nice n crispy!!

Comment

I could do with some og that R12 for my 333i

Comment

God, I just love this car. Please keep doing what you're doing - and preserve it as a specimen. Such a special story and great to see everything coming back with a little love.

God wiling, I'll be living in FL by this time next year and can see it in person.
                            Would be glad to meet up when that happens! I'll likely trailer the car out West for next years picnic, assuming I could find someone on this board that has a storage spot to hold it.

Originally posted by animal View Post
                            WOW - was trying to find this thread the other day on my phone - by far my fav build at the moment!

Love all the awesome detailed pics too.

That red diving board from Cali is puckyes - from Sacramento - she is running our deep dish motorsport wheel - and has driven that car all across the country more than once with it! :ST1G:
                            Ha! I follow your IG, that Japan trip was AMAZING!!! Super extremely jelous :down: R34 love was real, but glad to see you like where this is going!

Yes, puckyes, she's definitely one of the few to get the most out of E30's, crazy how clean that ride is. Also, will be getting with you soon for a wheel on my turbo E30 :)

Originally posted by Mfever View Post
                            Wish they would make some new 16x8... Been waiting forever for alpina to produce some!
                            Yeah, you're not lying. Been searching and haven't really come across anything.

Originally posted by scoobydo View Post
                            I could do with some og that R12 for my 333i
                            Yeah, the only thing is I know I'll end up swaping out for an updated r134a system. But can't complain for now :D
                            sigpic
                            Alpina B6 2.8/1 Project

Comment

Can you send some R12 over to my house in a plastic bag? I'd appreciate it :D

Nice progress, didn't realize this car was in the states, when I clicked on this thread last time I assumed you where a user somewhere in Europe!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                              1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                              1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                              1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                              1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                              1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                              Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                              1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                              1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Any updates?
                                Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254176

Comment

Working...
                                X