Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redemption Story

Hey guys and gals,

I've never really been a forum writer but I thought I would go ahead and start typing and to share my story.

I was never really a car guy before I was 16 but I was always being taught about cars from my dad. My parents got married in 87/88 and their first big purchase was an 89 Mustang Lx 5.0. My dad decided o be more practical and in 2001 got a 300m and just let the Mustang sit, until I got my license and started to become more interested in cars. The car started up after a new battery after the first crank and we started to fix it up as a car for me. I put every single dime into that car and literal blood sweat and tears.

I am on my second year of college at Ohio University and I started a car club, so I thought that the president of the club should have his car here so on a Sunday I drove it to Athens and on Wednesday it was stolen.....

Now on to BMW, I started looking into e30's about a year ago and always loved the style and what they can potentially grow into. So after my Mustang was stolen I started looking and ended up seeing a 1989 325i with 220k on the ODO but allegedly only 100k on the engine.

So here it is and some parts I've already purchased.
    Attached Files

Sorry for your loss, but it looks like you're off to a good start. Welcome

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car getting stolen. Worst nightmare for me.

If the car came with a stock airbox, I reccomend sticking with that. K&n filters really dont have any noticeable gains, plus it makes the engine bay look cheap.

Also, when you get the money, buy a oem 'is' front lip. They are worth the money, I promise. Then just plastidip it black.
      Current:
      1989 325i
      1988 M3
      1987 325ic
      Past:
      2001 330ci
      2001 M3

Comment

Appreciate the comments guys. I have done a couple of stuff already but that pod filter is actually for my big plans for the car with a 5.0 going into it by the end of the year!! :p I am just trying to keep the engine running so when I swap in the 5.0 I can sell the e30 drivetrain for some cash back in my pocket. So I am about to get a new timing kit with a gates belt and water pump.

And I was thinking of doing the IS lip but I was thinking this one

I know its cheap and probably flexes a lot but I think I'd rather have that instead of a stiffer one.

Comment

That's probably not a bad idea. My lip broke a while back, so I think I might get that one if the quality is any good.

Comment

Yeah but I have some other things to save up for in the mean time, like and LSD and Hoosiers for this upcoming autocross season so the lip might have to wait

Comment

Here are some other things I've done so far

NRG hub/QR/wheel
              Summit Racing Sport Seat
              Corbeau 3 point harness
              Red painted tail lights
              Plasti dip rear license plate soround

Comment

So I have been terrible about updating but would love to update people as I go. Plans have changed and I will be doing a holset setup instead of the previously planned 5.0 swap. Have done quite a few things since the last update.

Things Installed:

Kamotors Standard flares
                Kamotors CAI with high beam delete/funnel
                Revshift 95A bushings all around
                RX7 4 piston caliper and Carrado Rotors
                Motorsport Hardware 75mm Studs
                Plasti dip Enkei CDR-9 Vintage Gold
                ZHP Weighted Shift Knob
                Cheap Amazon M Pedals
                Stripped Carpet and Sound deadening
                VAC Motorsport Diamond Plate Floor Pan
                VDO Oil Pressure Gauge(Not installed yet)
                E36 Window Switches
                E36 M3 Side Mirrors
                IS Lip

Things in the Mail and to put on:
                Carbon Fiber Gauge surround
                Alpina Style Tach Strip (Sharpie the needles red)
                Odometer Gear Set
                Digital Voltmeter
                CXRacing Air Intake

Last edited by 350iowner; 07-13-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Got my new(old) exhaust redone. the piping was terrible and I was getting sick of having two pieces of pipe as tails. I'm really happy with the results

Comment

Working...
                  X