Cleaned up the 318

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formula driver
    What did you do to blend the color of the paint after you sprayed the area. Did you wetsand at all? If so with what grit sandpaper?

Great lookin car.

When you tape off the area, you roll the edge of the tape, make sure to take a good 10-12" from the area you are painted. Then paint the area you need to, while moving the can further from the body as you get closer to the tape. This will keep from forming a hard line in the paint.

Wetsanded with 1200 then polished with 3M fine cut rubbing compound and a high speed buffer.
    Signature removed by R3VLimited staff due to a violation of the signature rules

Comment

once again looking great!

i think if you can remove the dark color on the interior of the spokes the wheels would stand out even more
      Jay

Comment

Calling you right now...
        Signature removed by R3VLimited staff due to a violation of the signature rules

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine-E30
          When you tape off the area, you roll the edge of the tape, make sure to take a good 10-12" from the area you are painted. Then paint the area you need to, while moving the can further from the body as you get closer to the tape. This will keep from forming a hard line in the paint.

Wetsanded with 1200 then polished with 3M fine cut rubbing compound and a high speed buffer.

I knew about the trick to roll the edge of the tape. Thanks alot, thats the info I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X