Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you might think that camaros are a little redneckish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you might think that camaros are a little redneckish...

but this car is cleaner than 99.9% of R3vs e30s. No, I can't take the credit for this clean ass car. It is actually my mom's, but I do get to drive it, and I do the maintenance. It is a 1983 Z28 with a 5.0 crossfire fuel injection, T-Tops, Cold A/C. and the winner.................. 30,778 ORIGINAL miles. Here are some pics that I snapped out in the yard. It is actually in dirty condition right now compared to how she usually keeps it because I just drove it yesterday. Also, there is a dirt collecting pile of metal considered to be an e30 beside it. Enjoy...
    Attached Files
    sigpic

and the odo. BTW, I have larger pics but R3V only lets me upload small ones. :<
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Your car looks hot as hell with the Schnitzers. And yes I am ignoring the Camaro.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Yeah, I love the e30. I just wish I had the time to mess with it. Damn taking MicroBio, and Algebra during the summer semester.
        sigpic

Comment

Your 325 probably makes as much hp as the Z28. Now torque, that's a different story.

Regardless, clean cars
          San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

You make me rethink selling my Schnitzers from way back...damn.

Nice Camaro, I can appreciate any clean car, regardless of what it is.
            Reminiscing...

Comment

Where's your mullet? You cant drive that Z28 without a mullet.

And that cross-fire injection was full of problems, was it not?

Still, nice clean example of an early 80's "watered down, we still cant figure out how to tune these V8s with emissions controls" Detroit piece of iron. Actually, then it was a Norwood, OH piece of iron, but that plant has long since closed.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

On a random sidenote, mullets are ridiculously popular in Germany.

/digress
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

No, there are no problems with the crossfire injection. It is exactly the same as GM throttle body injection, except with two smaller throttle bodies instead of one larger one. The same system came on the older corvettes. They regularly go 200k with no problems.

There is a ton of HP that can be freed up on that motor as well. The intake basically chokes the engine entirely. 60HP+ gains can be had by boring the intake runner at the head, and boring the throttle body. GM didn't ever match the intake to the head. There is about a 1lb coffee can worth of material that can be removed before the ports are even.

Stock on right, head matching ported on left
                  http://www.swko.net/~lionsden/forum/intakeports1265.jpg

Stock tiny TB on left, bored on right
                  http://www.swko.net/~lionsden/forum/TBsleeve2502a.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

A song about Camaros... :)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tdegQmtgFSM&search=camaro
                    -Brandon
                    '86 325es S50
                    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

LOL. We are civil people I swear! My mom daily drives an es300. She had an 83 exactly like this in high school, and she always regretted selling it. So, she bought this one, and she loves it. It is a nice car, and I enjoy driving it.

RIP Camaro 1967-2003
                      sigpic

Comment

There are also TWO more modes of transportation in the first pic. Z28, E30, ___, ____. Who can name them for teh prize....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
                          No, there are no problems with the crossfire injection. It is exactly the same as GM throttle body injection, except with two smaller throttle bodies instead of one larger one. The same system came on the older corvettes. They regularly go 200k with no problems.
                          http://forums.hotrod.com/ubbthreads/...67&an=0&page=0

The injection system is just like the mismatched intake - poor deisgn by GM.

There is a ton of HP that can be freed up on that motor as well. The intake basically chokes the engine entirely. 60HP+ gains can be had by boring the intake runner at the head, and boring the throttle body. GM didn't ever match the intake to the head. There is about a 1lb coffee can worth of material that can be removed before the ports are even.

Stock on right, head matching ported on left
                          http://www.swko.net/~lionsden/forum/intakeports1265.jpg

Stock tiny TB on left, bored on right
                          http://www.swko.net/~lionsden/forum/TBsleeve2502a.jpg
                          My point exactly - GM fucked these up as they came off the lot. Surely you can do some things to let them breathe. Incredible how they half assed that intake at the factory. 60 hp just by altering the intake - holy cow!

Has your mom's car had some work done to it like this?
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                            Has your mom's car had some work done to it like this?
                            No, not a single thing on this car has been touched. I wish she'd let me atleast mod the intake so the poor motor won't be choking all the time. I have still yet to convince her. She doesn't care about the power, it is fast enough.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
                              There are also TWO more modes of transportation in the first pic. Z28, E30, ___, ____. Who can name them for teh prize....
                              Looks like a motorcycle (no doubt a dirt bike used for hunting snipe) and a tractor (no doubt used for beer runs when the woman takes your keys you hill billy! HA I'm joking).
                              You really think that maro' is clean????? Looks like two tons of cow crap to me! You could wash that thing twelve times over and it will still be a doorstop..... look at your e30. It needs a wash, get you priorities straight ernest!
                              Yours truly,
                              Rich
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Rigmaster
                              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                              X