A did a thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A did a thing...

It's blue, has a hatch. I think I may have a type.

If you have the means my E30 brethren... don't drive one.
    Why? You'll drive one home. You won't be able to wipe the stupid grin off your face.

It feels amazing and the power comes the front, it's awesome and you won't understand unless you drive one.

I bought a Ford. A Fiesta at that.

But it's not what the badge says, it's what the car does.
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 06-15-2015, 07:37 AM.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Yes, you definitely did a thing.

Good luck defending your purchase for the next 5 years. I mean, I get it, I do, but not every other guy will.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
      Yes, you definitely did a thing.

Good luck defending your purchase for the next 5 years. I mean, I get it, I do, but not every other guy will.
      I'd never buy new. Sticker on this "ST3" or one identical I drove was nearly 30k.

MY '14. ~14k miles. Paying less than 20 is a much easier pill to swallow.

Comment

I wouldn't mind on for DD status. That said, the power is a little lacking still.

Oh and congrats on the purchase.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't mind having an inexpensive, low maintenance car for a while. I don't blame ya.

Comment

All bs aside, that is one bad ass looking hothatch.
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Should have got a Golf R. My previous vehicle:

Comment

I saw one at the mall a few months ago. They were raffling it. My jaw dropped on the styling.

Really nice.

17s, 6 speed, turbo....really looked fun.

Comment

I bet i could drive one wonder why i wasted my time in doing so and leave back to my 26 year old e30 that has the same performance except it doesnt understeer into curbs because rwd
                  1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                  2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                  2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Hey failtroll. You're E30 does not offer the same performance, but keep dreaming.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

i dailied a supercharged svt focus for 7 years and it was a stupid good car. The handling bone stock was incredible. truthfully would run circles around my e30. The fiesta ST is one of the few new cars Id consider buying as it seems similar to the original svt focus.

Last edited by Nick_S; 06-14-2015, 08:26 PM.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by brett_duenas View Post
                        Should have got a Golf R.
                        I didn't drive one, but that would be a bit more money for the same level spec I suspect. Regardless, I respect VWs, but I don't want one. I have driven mini's and they didn't do anything for me. The Abarth 500 is a cool sounding car, but it's too small. There is a reason why this car is so highly rated, and car journalists buy them. Within a few minutes of driving one, I pretty much knew. When I drove an identical one with the same factory Recaro options as this, I simply had to have one with the Recaro package. I'm extremely happy I scored a barely used car.

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
                        I bet i could drive one wonder why i wasted my time in doing so and leave back to my 26 year old e30 that has the same performance except it doesnt understeer into curbs because rwd
                        Kevin, sorry to say this but no. An E30 does not compare. Not in handling, not in performance. It would have to be a rather built car to offer the same, even then the ST may handle better. The understeer or torque steer is very easy to control and the car's suspension is setup unlike any FWD car you'll drive I suspect for some time. It's so incredibly light on it's tires that in turns it stays so flat, even going at speeds that you shouldn't be. I've driven the wheels off this thing only owning it for a few days.

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                        i dailied a supercharged svt focus for 7 years and it was a stupid good car. The handling bone stock was incredible. truthfully would run circles around my e30. The fiesta ST is one of the few new cars Id consider buying as it seems similar to the original svt focus.

I have to give credit to the old SVT Focus's, Ford is doing awesome things now, but without cars like that, the ST line may not have been what it is now. Sweet color haha. Yeah, I will be holding on to this for a long time. I mean I've never owned a car this packed full of features and it feels extremely solid. Like more solid than my old M Coupe. As silly as it sounds the outstanding A/C is a selling point too living in such a hot state.

I'll be honest I don't plan to do really any aftermarket mods, it has the very important stiff rear motor mount (adds a little NVH at idle) and an intake. The only thing I may get is an access port tuner, the PO had one but sold it. If you add a tune to this thing, it actually gets better gas mileage and I don't recall the figures but you gain a nice chunk of power too.
                        Last edited by DEV0 E30; 06-15-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

awesome pickup. They really are probably the best fun per $ car out there.
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                          :shock:

Comment

Congrats on the purchase, they are pretty cool cars.
                            sigpic
                            Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                            1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                            Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

I did the same thing! Stupid fun little cars.

Took it to Tail of the Dragon back in April and had a blast.

1987 325is
                              2015 Fiesta ST

Comment

Working...
                              X