• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gets the car, girl or both!!!

Win win win!!
    Last edited by doorman; 12-04-2015, 06:04 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I spent about 5 hours scrubbing the hell out of all glass on the car. I used steel wool and rubbing compound and have elimitated 95% of hard water spots. Before, it was so bad that I couldn't even see a true reflection of my face if looking at the rear windshield. I took care of that.

I'd post pictures, but my shirt is off and no matter how I justify it, the photos still make me look gay.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

How is that a problem here? Are you worried Blunt is going to start stalking you again?
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Lovin' the progress! Those wheels turned out so good.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            How is that a problem here? Are you worried Blunt is going to start stalking you again?
            that sounds funny and all, but I made the mistake of posting a photo with my shirt off on IG and I got 10 new super gay followers and they would always comment and DM me. It's great and all, but I don't swing for the men's crew team ifyouknowwhatimean.

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            Lovin' the progress! Those wheels turned out so good.
            Thanks man! The wheels are my favorite parts! I might be selling them soon. I have something a bit better in the works.

Today I started going through the parts piles. I brought my spare heads and the s14 head/cam trays to the machine shop for inspection. Once I get the green light that these are usable heads, I plan on categorizing them as such. If the s14 head and cam trays check out, I'll be thinking about an s14 build.

Next up is the two s14 blocks and the tii block. Then it's a party. In the photo, there is an s14 head, two s14 cam trays, a 74 e12 head, and an 82 e21 head.

sigpic

Comment

Porsche, chick, both??

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
                Porsche, chick, both??
                No 911 yet. Discussion yes, but not currently under my ownership. Soon though. Have another car brewing that is comparable. It's another 2002, but with an s14 in it. Very unique car. And as for the girl, I'm taken care of there. More girls sounds like a good idea, but always stresses me out and makes me feel like a bad human, so I try to stick to one. She's a good one, though.

New 1600 news: I got it out of the paint shop and into the warehouse. I'll probably start reassembly sometime next week. I have a new headliner for it, but I'm dreading installing it. I would rather someone else do the work, and focus on other parts of the car, so I may go that route. The paint came out pretty good. It's not a concourse car, but it's a damn good driver. The paint color isn't exactly Florida. There is a bit too much yellow in the paint, but in photos the color looks right. I had the paint matched both on what was currently on the car, and what BMW's color code pulled up with PPG Deltron Single Stage paint. So it's as good as I could get it, but in my eyes, not quite right.

I wonder if the color is actually correct, but it looks slightly whiter in photos. I've done a lot of research on this color and from what I've seen in person, my car is a shade greener, but in photos, they all come out the same color. My mind is confused.

But I loaded her up today on my buddy's tow rig. His name is John and he tows in Orange County. He's super cheap and always takes care of me, so I return the favor.

And on the road, cruising along the Ocean for as long as we could. We took the scenic route to the warehouse in Long Beach.

And her final resting place for the next few weeks. She is in good company, next the the Ferraris, Lambos, Bentleys, SLSs, and m5s you can ask for. I am fortunate to have resources like this. It's a wonderful blessing.

Time to order odds and ends to get this car back together.
                sigpic

Comment

small update.

I've been out of town for the last week with the family. I think I'll fly back tomorrow and start planning on the Florida car. I want that thing ready in the next month, and I think I can do it

I also bought three more roundies today. Nothing special, but still sort of special.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post

I also bought three more roundies today.
                    but
                    cars beep boop

Comment

I also bought three more roundies today.

This man is doing christmas right.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I also bought three more roundies today. Nothing special, but still sort of special.
                        What, are you collecting them?
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                          What, are you collecting them?
                          I'm a capitalist, but with a little more soul.

I didn't do much to acquire these. They sort of fell in my lap.
                          sigpic

Comment

Soon

sigpic

Comment

Next week will be devoted to the Florida car and getting it back together. First thing is first, pull the old headliner and install the new headliner. That is not something I'm looking forward to, but I will do it.

Today, I cleaned up some parts I had store away. First is the Korman Weber DCOE 40s that I received in a large parts pile. I gave them a quick degrease. I will build these up for the Florida 1600. I'll have to choke everything down considerably, but if Alpina can do it, I can do it (at least I can follow their instructions).

And after a bit of cleaning:

I'll have a set of airhorns made that will clear the stock 1600 brake booster. The current horns won't stay on for long.

Then I pulled out the three s14 valve covers that I saved and gave those a quick wash too. I'll send these out for fresh powder coating and make some wall art. Maybe give one away as a gift, I don't know. I sold all the other s14 parts and this is all I chose to keep.

As pictured, the first (left most cover) is date stamped 1987, the middle is 1988, and the right most is 1989. The 87 cover is modified both on the exterior of the cover, as well as underneath. Not sure if you can tell, but a few cm was shaved off the top where the spark plug holes are. I don't know why, but you'll see more modification underneath.

On the 1987 Valve Cover, you can see how the ribs on the right side were shaved off. I think this had something to do with the intake camshaft clearance. Or maybe something to do with oil flow. Either way, it's interesting.

I'll start updating this thread again.
                              sigpic

Comment

In for s14 valve cover giveaway
                                1990 Alpine 325is
                                1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X