• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to know more

cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      i want to know more

Its a turbo diesel. I know this much... I got a little distracted when I was there looking at the Florida
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The turbine is no bigger than a fist.

i want to know more

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          The turbine is no bigger than a fist.
          Sometimes, a fist-sized anything is all you need.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

A little here, a little there. Should have some nice updates later this week.

sigpic

Comment

Something oddly satisfying about seeing a car being put back together after a repaint.
              Current:
              1989 325i
              1988 M3
              1987 325ic
              Past:
              2001 330ci
              2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                Something oddly satisfying about seeing a car being put back together after a repaint.
                It's very gratifying to make a car whole again, but it's also nerve-wracking because the paint is so nice. Even if I breathe on it wrong, I'll scratch the paint.

I got the front bumper on myself, which is not recommended. I think I put about 4 hours into this bumper alone. From polishing, the sanding the inside, to repainting the inside, to all new hardware, to installing and tweaking the new bumper brackets, to finally installing them and making sure everything lines up and not scratching the paint. It was a total whore of a job, but very satisfying.

I also changed a large quantity of hardware and bracketry in the engine bay with all new stuff. This is becoming a very expensive car.

Photos:

Don't know if I mentioned it, but I glued in the trunk gasket which was also very gratifying. I still need to glue in the new trunk vinyl and get the trunk basket from the other green 2002 into this one. This car only gets the coolest and best of parts.

So much left to do, but I'll continue to chip away at it every day. Brand new belt line trim showed up today. I don't know if anyone saw this, but bmw 2002/coupe parts jumped 20-60% in price on most everything. So instead of paying $700 for all new belt line trim, I ended up paying just north of $1100. I'm pretty salty about that one. But it had to be done.

I swear, if I get into an accident with this car, I'm selling all my things and moving to Cambodia.
                sigpic

Comment

looking good. I would like to appreciate it from a respectable distance.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

This is gorgeous.
                    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

looking good. I would like to appreciate it from a respectable distance.
                      I would rather you drive it. You've earned at least that much I think.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                      This is gorgeous.
                      Thank you!

Also, update on the green 2002. I sent the car to King's Autobody for a quick spray of the rear apron back to Opal Green Metallic and the new Alpenis front airdam to the same color. This particular air dam came from the notorious "BMW Collector" located down here in SoCal. I'm so glad we're neighbors.

Car should be looking pretty very soon. I'm going to take the hub caps off and run the steelies as-is. No more caps.

Ayed at King's Autobody in Huntington Beach is very good people. He's taken care of me far too many times and does excellent work.
                      Last edited by phreshkid; 01-27-2016, 11:14 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                        Alpenis front airdam

Alpenis indeed, that's going to look hot.

Those wheels look great on the florida car.
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post

I swear, if I get into an accident with this car, I'm selling all my things and moving to Cambodia.
                          I have a friend from HB who literally did this...

I hope and pray to God that nothing so terrible ever happens to this car, but if for some foresaken reason it does, I'll put you in touch :rofl:

Comment

that's an awesome piece and really gonna make the car look soooo good.

Comment

Stop it. My alpenis can only get so erect.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                                Stop it. My alpenis can only get so erect.
                                That's a shame.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X