[PIC HEAVY][Euro E30]Every car owner has their own story....heres mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PIC HEAVY][Euro E30]Every car owner has their own story....heres mine

As my car reaches 30 years(going off of production year) I had the chance to go back to the spot the original was taken and did my best to replicate it. This cars been through thick and thin with me and hasnt let me down once especially in tight situations. People say its just a car, yeah it is, but coming from an enthusiast especially when a cars been with you from the beginning theres a connection it was a stepping stone for me to know how cars work and how to fix them plus getting my first track and canyon experiences with it. I'm proud to own such a unique vehicle, I'd like to thank my Dad for handing down this car to me, there's so many stories to tell and nothings going to replace it at all. When I have my own kids, I'll be passing it down to them! Heres to 30 years and many more(miles) to go, every car owner has their story, whats yours?

Just a little quick background on my E30:

Its been in the family for about 23 or so years, its a euro spec grey market 325e, I'm the 3rd owner after my father

Owned it for about 8 years roughly

Was involved in a front end crash in '13 but fixed earlier this year ('15)

Around 2010/2011 I finally got a chance to restore the color as much as possible since its been sitting out in the desert sunlight and was badly neglected, took about 6 months of wet color sanding and a lot of polishing compound and pads to fully to get it to where it is now, I dont have much progress photos but this is what it looked like before

List of modifications done to it:

-Complete Zender kit all around
    -Suspension Technique lowering springs all around, Front & Rear sway bars and links
    -Tokico Blue shocks
    -2.5inch exhaust from catco cat/test pipe flanged to a magnaflow rep
    -Short throw shifter kit
    -TSW Hockenheims 16x7.5 w/20mm spacers

Before the 885 head swap:
    Euro block M20B27
    Dinan Chip then proceeded to Mark D chip
    2.93 diff

After 885 head swap:
    Euro Block M20B27 w/885 head
    Stock 153 M1.1 ecu
    2.93 diff
    Swapped in Euro 7k VDO cluster

Future potential plans:
    TBA but on a short run, 373 LSD, 173 ecu w/tune, headers and hopefully source a new zender front valance gonna keep it as modest as possible

Heres some of the photos, some old school ones too! Will post if i find more
    For those wondering, the wheels in the old photo are Claus Ettensbergers and was taken when I was 2 or 3!

Last edited by Jrey; 09-28-2015, 10:31 AM.
    1986 325e (EUR)
    Grey Market
    Zinno
    327i Build
    Zender kit
    ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
    sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

This is awesome. Niice ride.

Comment

Great pics (Especially the first and second pic) and car.
      1990 325i
      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
      sigpic

Comment

If you have any more photos of the car from back in the day, would you mind posting them? Those are my favorite. You have an awesome story and it's very cool how it's been in the family for so long. Keep enjoying it!
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

Look at that Supra :D. Would that Supra have been new when that picture was taken?

Comment

Originally posted by plmichal View Post
            If you have any more photos of the car from back in the day, would you mind posting them? Those are my favorite. You have an awesome story and it's very cool how it's been in the family for so long. Keep enjoying it!
            Sure, i'm still digging around for more photos of the car, i appreciate the comment

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
            Look at that Supra :D. Would that Supra have been new when that picture was taken?
            Oh it was newish on its 3rd year iirc correctly its a 94 TT, still has it up to now
            1986 325e (EUR)
            Grey Market
            Zinno
            327i Build
            Zender kit
            ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

was the supra your?
              sigpic
              Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

Originally posted by evoDRichie View Post
                was the supra your?
                The supra belongs to my father
                1986 325e (EUR)
                Grey Market
                Zinno
                327i Build
                Zender kit
                ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Comment

Looking Great

Looks Great and it's a great story. How did your dad get it into the country as a grey market?

Comment

Originally posted by smellthebeans View Post
                    Looks Great and it's a great story. How did your dad get it into the country as a grey market?
                    Hey sorry forgot to put that into the OP

father bought the car off of a gentlemen that served in the military, and posted the car up on a iirc a pennysaver ad for 7k
                    1986 325e (EUR)
                    Grey Market
                    Zinno
                    327i Build
                    Zender kit
                    ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Comment

I remember this car! It was late night a few years ago on the 5 freeway and you flew by me! I was pretty tired but that woke me up and I sped up to get a better look at your car. Thanks for sharing such a cool story. And good to see the car again

Comment

nice! I bought my 1986 ES with a upgraded 885 head as well. sure is fun to drive. I still need my 7k dash put in. im gonna have that guy on ig , 'e30_dad' , restore & repin before i put it in.
                        1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                        1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                        Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                        1967 2002 parts car
                        1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Such a cool story! Love how you are keeping the E30 dream going!

"When Passion and Skill work together..the end result is often a masterpiece. ."
                          Project Frankenstein :twisted: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=359297

Comment

That's a dope story dude, good job keeping the car in such great shape too. Especially that zinno color, red doesn't like the sun much.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Love the car and the zender kit, love the story, and especially love the recreation of the photo! Big props, keep it up!

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
                              90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
                              87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
                              90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
                              87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
                              71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Working...
                              X